I've only come back to give some bad news...It's offical

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bat Shit Crazy, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Sanctions are starting against Iran already. I have no doubt these sanctions will continue over the next few years. It's likely something big will happen there over the next few years, which is slightly worrying.

2. ghost

ghost Disciple

I'm not a conspiracy nut, especially, concerning 9-11 conspiracies. However, what's interesting is how much people decry the lack of evidence for some things, yet, let it go when the rhetoric is in their favor, politically, with regard to evidence of wmd and the UN Charter's requirement of proof of its imminent threat of use against the United States to justify a preemptive attack against Iraq.

Incidentally, Iran is a signatory of the NPT which allows the pursuit of nuclear technology as long as it isn't to build nuclear weapons. Despite the POTUS and Admiral Mike Mullen proclaiming that there is no evidence Iran is pursuing nuclear weapons; that Iran's government is a rational actor, they're still hammering down with sanctions.

3. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I agree. It´s like when a country agrees to be bound by the UN´s decision and then does what it wants if they don't decide in their favour (whether it be war, the environment etc). The UK has as just as bad a track record with this as the USA (which is a shame as both countries do a lot of good too).

4. Sensei Martin

Sensei Martin Warrior Monk

Thanks, Kevin, for shedding some light on the subject. I know it is hard for many Americans to see what others can plainly see due to all of the control in the US by the media and the large corporations that run government there, and the media and information bans that are now in place, (there was a CBC Radio interview last week of a US Professor who was banned on the big US Networks - for documenting proof of this. It may have been Mark Crispin Miller.) . I really feel sorry for the loss of American freedoms and rights and even their awareness of this occurring to them. This very much goes against what has been "promised" to them.

I do not even think most Americans are aware that Kissinger, G. Bush and Chaney all have outstanding international arrest warrants for crimes against humanity. (Just google this ... unless the US gov't also blocked this, too, I do not know.)

But, let's focus on martial arts!

ghost likes this.
  5. Gone

Gone Guest

I think army reserve training should be mandatory for two or three years. It'd help straighten out a lot of young punks and other lowlives who enjoy being petty criminals (more serious cases you could shaft them into French Foreign Legion-style camps). Also, in the wake of invading armies or draconian governments, it would be good for the people to have at least some measure of military training, survival knowledge, and tactical theory.

I don't like the idea of being deployed, though. I think that should be just strictly for those who want to go. For those in the volunteer, main army.

Bruce likes this.
  6. Sensei Martin

I concur, Red Aussie, military camp, training, etc would be great for today's youth. I actually know of some young teenage cadets who get to go camping for a month at a lake with some training ... and they even get paid $1200 by the military to do this. It is a great experience, and esp. for youth that are from the city and have no concept of nature and man's connection to it. This would esp. be true of those from privileged families who have no real work ethics.

Bruce likes this.
  7. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Wow, this thread is stiiiill going. Politics are a matter of perspective. Every government will claim the moral high ground while acting in it's own self interests. Anyone can compile information to vilify any nation they want. It's real easy and I wouldn't even have to get up from this computer to do it. So instead of dropping comments that are obviously inflammatory to someone and then saying "But let's just talk about martial arts." just drop it for real. Makes about as much sense as me slapping you in the face and then saying "Hey man, don't worry about that slap. Let's go have a drink and later on I might slap you again but that's OK too." Or don't bother with the supposed "peace offering" and just continue the debate ad infinitum.

8. Sensei Martin

RJ, I think your comments are out of scope of what people were discussing here.

9. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

These type of discussions are just causing arguments between forum members.

THREAD CLOSED

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.