Juan Manuel Marquez vs Manny Pacquiao Result

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Kevin, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Been checking this on BBC. A few friends of mine are on Facebook saying it was one of the best punches they've ever seen.

Juan Manuel Marquez knocks out Manny Pacquiao in sixth round

Mexican Marquez, 39, floored Pacquiao, who lay motionless on the canvas for some time, for a first win over the Filipino in their four-match rivalry.
    Pacquiao, 33, had won the previous two encounters, with one draw.
    It was a second successive defeat for Pacquiao after a controversial loss to Timothy Bradley in June.
    Pacquiao had already been down in the third round - the first time in 39 rounds between the two that the eight-weight world champion was knocked from his feet - as Marquez threw a right hook over the top.
    But Pacquiao recovered to ground Marquez in the fifth and the pair were exchanging heavy blows in the sixth.
    However, with one second of the round remaining, a bloodied Marquez threw a huge overhand right that had Pacquiao out cold before he hit the canvas under the ropes.
    Pacquiao did not move for around two minutes before finally being dragged to his feet by his team.
    Yet, he was well enough to be interviewed shortly after the fight and said he wanted to meet Marquez in the ring for a fifth time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/20630465

MattCMMA likes this.
  3. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

pac-marquez.png

After the KO.

pac-marquez-2.png

MattCMMA likes this.
  4. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Marquez went down in the 5th.

pac-marquez-4.png

Pac got dropped in the 6th.

pac-marquez-3.png

MattCMMA likes this.
  5. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

Yeah, woke up this morning to see my FB page blowing up from people talking about that punch!

Kevin likes this.
  6. Semper Gumby

Semper Gumby Disciple

I wish I would have seen that fight.