Katana vs Yedo

Discussion in 'Sword' started by Scorpion Ninja, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Scorpion Ninja

Scorpion Ninja Grasshoppa

Which do you like better?
    Thanks

3. Scorpion Ninja

I like both but I think to honour my teacher who is Korean I should pick Yedo. Thanks for the advice.

Sneaker likes this.
  4. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

(my earlier deleted post) ... it is not about us ... it is about what YOU like

to honour your teacher ... if you are a student and your teacher should recommending something to you or you can ask your teacher whats best for you.

I love 6" to 4' short staff which similiar to broom, stick, chair, pen etc anything is similiar to short staff in a reach to defend myself ... my sensei really does not want me to do short staff but recommending me to use 6' long staff ... I have to respect him and still able to do short staff in my own time similiar to long staff.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  5. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

while you asking us ... explain why you ask the questions ...
    for example (let's just say) : I am whooping every student in my class in kata, sparring and weapon as well ... my sensei won't speak to me ... is that bad ?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  6. Void_Karateka

Void_Karateka Pauper Karateka

Not sure what a yedo is so please enlighten me. Personally I have no preferences when it comes to kobudo. Since I've trained in kenjutsu then I suppose I'd say the shinken.

7. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

8. Void_Karateka

Thanks Sneaker. In that case either one is fine. The principle of the cutting will be the same no matter the weapon.

Sneaker likes this.
  9. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

10. Scorpion Ninja

Great post I'd like it but don't know how in TapaTalk

Sneaker likes this.
  11. Void_Karateka

Even as a one handed sword the principle of the cut remains the same. You wouldn't hack at someone with either sword. Very interesting though, how closely the weapons resemble each other considering the rather violent history between Korea and Japan.

Sneaker likes this.
  12. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

I do not use TapaTalk and agreed "don't know how" ... I just use K.I.S.S. browser :)

13. Scorpion Ninja

I agree Void_Karateka

14. Battodoka07

Battodoka07 Warrior Monk

Being Korean and Japanese I used to joke I had an inner civil war in my soul. Been to both South Korean and Japan, and it makes me SMH when I see folks still carrying that old grudge.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
    Void_Karateka likes this.