Long Term Effects Of Doing Weight Training

Discussion in 'Strength Training' started by Kevin, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Judah

Judah fights in tights

I agree, resistance training is essential to pretty much any sport, I'll clarify by saying I stopped lifting for muscular hypertrophy. Sure diet had a huge part to play in losing weight, but not lifting heavy things also helped me lose muscle and at 10% bf there really wasn't much more fat I could lose healthily.

2. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

I do crazy resistance training, but that isn't the topic. I'm sure GSP plans on doing pushups, situps, squats, and a bazillion other bodyweight resistance training.

3. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

I guess then... if all he is saying is he is giving up moving metal around, and against gravity.... while continuing other resistance methods... may make no difference at all. Or, may be positive for him, if he has dealt with specific injuries...
    Good luck to him.

4. Judah

Judah fights in tights

I know a guy who only ever lifted weights to build mass to go up a weight category, he did one fight then dropped the weights straight after.. He'd always done body weight exercises though and reckons they're much better for developing the type of muscle fibres required for striking.