Looking for a heavy bag that last.

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussions' started by alan0354, Dec 4, 2014.

1. alan0354

alan0354 Initiate

Hi all

I need to buy a 70+lbs heavy bag that can stand up to bare hand punching and kicking. I am surprised I cannot buy the Everlast white canvas bags anymore. That's the only one that can stand up for using for a year or two. The vinyl ones just break in days. I don't know all the new covers like Nevatear, polycanvas and the other fancy names. I just need suggestions in buying one that can last.

I know leather bags last for a long time, I have a 100 lbs already, I want one with rough surface to condition my hands.

Thanks

Alan

3. Kuyaken

Kuyaken Karate for the streets not just for trophies

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  4. alan0354

alan0354 Initiate

Thanks, I really want to find one that people have experience with. I bought a few Tuffware black canvas or nylon canvas, they did not even last a week. Too bad Everlast stop making their white canvas bags. Even that, I have to stuff extra material to make it hard enough so it does not give as much. When it gives, that's when it will rip eventually.

They actually sell a lot of the unfilled canvas bags on ebay, problem is they are only 33" long.

Kuyaken likes this.
  5. Kuyaken

Kuyaken Karate for the streets not just for trophies

That's a big problem, I practice Ashihara Karate (from Kyokushin) and I tend to use walls and trees to toughen my knuckles and shins thats how Sosai Oyama did it anyway.

Wish you luck in finding the right heavy Bag for you

OSU

6. Noah

Noah Initiate

I got this article when I googled..