Mark Hunt's Staph Infection

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts' started by Kevin, Jun 11, 2013.

1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

RJ Clark likes this.
  3. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

I saw this from my news feed elsewhere. One of those things where you laugh while saying "Holy [email protected]! That's nasty!" Another reason why cleanliness MUST be part of excellence in training. But you still have to be vigilant as it can still pop up in spite of precautions...

MattCMMA and Kevin like this.
  4. Sensei,I know this question is out of ...your forum...Why is "Katana" given rev. and observation over other weapons?Now,(I pray to my M-4,S.A.W ...etc...)Kendoka?.....Curiouse...rei.

5. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

We really need to introduce a "Not Like" button for you Bat Shit Crazy. Even crazy people will find it hard to decode your gibberish.

Caneman and Dave76 like this.
  6. TY,no need...

7. I'm one you like to look down on...maybe spit on....I remind you Sensei of who maybe of you are.......Like it or not....

8. RJ Clark

I find it frightening that I might actually have a clue what he's talking about
    The mythology around the katana is mostly romanticized from movie lore. The famous "sword is the soul of the samurai" is akin to Aikido-esque philosophy as it was said during peacetime. Which meant that the primary battlefield weapons weren't being carried around (bow, spear, naginata) so the sword was an important symbol of status. I'm certainly not saying it wasn't given respect, but the funny thing is it was most often the secondary weapon. There are others who are probably more knowledgeable than I on this subject (Battodoka07 comes to mind), but this is a good start for you. Oh, and perhaps start a thread on this somewhere else as a staph infection thread isn't the place to talk about swords:banghead:

Vldz, Locutus and Kevin like this.
  9. Your most knowing sir...You confirmed my reserach on "Katana"....After all...it was only a QUESTION....Arigotou gozaimashite,rei....

10. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Staph sucks. Seen a few bad cases, scared the daylights out of me. Fortunately I've never had to deal with it. I personally use http://www.defensesoap.com/ . I'm curious as to what products you guys use?

RJ Clark likes this.
  11. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

That was something I was going to ask as I wasn't too active in cleaning my own mats last year. I would give them a quick wipe and nothing more. Their Defense Equipment Spray looks like it would do the job.

12. As we know,staph is a battle.....Winnable!B-12,Antibiotics....(strong!)Staph can be killed!.....plz,let me know more....

13. I've worked...hosp. in battle...I know Staph!There are Dr.s who will....ask...plz...

14. Ask USAF Dr.s...Plz

15. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

BSC nobody buys your bullshit. Please, unless you actually have something useful to contribute to the subject, keep your personal delusions to yourself and stop interrupting posts on this board. It's getting very old.

Kevin likes this.
  16. What can I say...take the word of a madd man or not...

17. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

You can say nothing. And I assure you, nobody is taking anything you say seriously. At first it was entertaining to mock you, but now it's getting annoying and disruptive. Though it's not my place to say this, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to face another suspension or ban.

18. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

I'm just wondering how an infection can get THAT bad without the host noticing it and taking some type of action. It looks more like one of those flesh-eating bacteria attacks ... wouldn't the fever, chills and sweats be a tip-off that it's time to get to the hospital?

Or can a staph infection take-off THAT quickly? Luckily I've never dealt with it ... I DO know that many of the North American strains are becoming antibiotic-resistant.

19. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

I am not sure as to how fast it can take off, Though he seemed to look fine when he was fighting at ufc 159. Some said he contracted the infection inside the octagon itself due to an open cut on his foot.

SifuPhil likes this.
  20. RJ Clark

I keep it simple. Lysol spray and meticulous wipe down of my mats, including in the "crease" of the folding mats. Too many times I've seen just the surface wipe down in training halls (typically delegated to students) of a folding mat while it's lying flat. Body: just a washcloth & soap scrub down in the shower after every session. For any minor cuts/scrapes I cover them with the waterproof/active BandAid brand bandages plus med tape if necessary. That Defense Soap does look like a good product - I may start using that as well.(y)

21. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

Man, that's scary ... maybe they need to start wearing sterile foot covers when they're competing ... and a moon suit ... and O2 supply ... :eek:

I think of all the years I went barefoot both in the training hall and outside, usually always had some sort of cuts on the feet but just ignored them.

I guess I'm damn lucky.

MattCMMA likes this.