mma and bjj bashing from freddie lee

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts' started by michael mckenna, Oct 10, 2013.

1. michael mckenna

michael mckenna Grasshoppa

i was looking at this guys videos liking his videos and learning some good exercises for ankle weights and then i found a bunch of videos of his incredible dislike of mma and bjj its very offensive. i can openly admit the only thing i dont like about mma is ground and pound and the mma fan boys thats the only things i dont like but this guy he really really doesnt like mma and bjj

3. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

haha this dude :D "Tapping out is BS" makes me laugh "choke him let him die"

Im not the biggest fan of ground fighting but this dude talks to much, haha "keeping it real" what this dude fails to notice is that mma is a sport with a ruleset so killing people is not really part of the rules :rolleyes:

michael mckenna likes this.
  4. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Rule #1 - No one talks about Kill Club.
    Well of course, they are dead.

SifuPhil, JesterX and John rushton like this.
  5. John rushton

John rushton Disciple

I have to agree i prefer to watch a stand up fight, and i do see his point that why bother making ground and pound legal just for its brutality if its still gonna be a long way from real. But id say he needs to give a bit more credit to the other aspects of MMA's ground work, a lot of skill in that in my view, and you know what if they did make it "real" the experienced MMA guys would still do well i think. Guy is quite funny though imo. I think his main view (although he does not always express it well) is keep it clean (kick box, or wrestle etc) or do it for real, and he feels keeping it clean is best for everyone - fair enough.

6. liam

liam Disciple

Watching that second video that guy knows jack all about the history of martial arts. Chinese didn't invent or come up with anything independently, Bodhidharma brought martial arts to Shoalin in the form of hard exercises that are required in Mayhayana Buddhist practices, which is the foundation of shoalin. Even then no culture resides in a bubble, even the Indian's had outside influence. China is not the birth center of all martial arts. This guy talks out of his back side. Sounds like he got his butt handed to him by some bjj/mma guy and didn't like it.

michael mckenna likes this.
  7. liam

liam Disciple

"The primary Martial Arts & combat sports that have inspired the creation of his unique expression in Zen Martial Arts are: Tao of Jeet Kune Do concepts, Choy Lay Fut Kung Fu, Boxing, Kickboxing, Thai Boxing, Wing Chung Kung Fu, Ju-Jitsu, Wrestling, Ground Survival Tactics, Pressure Point Control Tactics, Tae Kwon Do, Yoga, & Tai Chi. The primary philosia inspirations of FMK are Tao, Zen, Buddha, & Osho." That is from his page, right above his body-fat stats and how much he can curl. I find it interesting that he puts down wrestling as a primary martial art, seeing how they are a bunch of "crazy people."

RJ Clark and DeeD like this.
  8. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

I couldn't make it very far watching his videos in this thread, and with you checking out his page it makes him look even more ridiculous. I suppose his body fat percentage will come into play as he's getting choked out while trying to survive on the ground. As far as what this tool can curl, I'd give more credibility to his powerlifting records or at least the poundages for Olympic lifts, etc. What someone can supposedly curl has little to no application in fighting nor fitness. I've seen guys "hump the post" on preacher curls and preen as if they actually isolated their bis and didn't cheat the reps for some big weight. Overall, it does seem like he was probably mauled by a/some good wrestler/grapplers and had his feelings hurt by it...

Caneman and liam like this.
  9. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

Body fat percentage has little to do with fighting, and is only an indicator of health.
    I do like a good stand up fight, but I love watching grappling in MMA. I would say to his viewpoints is that you get better at things when you do them with resistance, against an opponent, and you have better versatility. Most boxers may be better punchers than most MMA fighters, but I am assured that a MMA fighter would destroy a boxer on the street, because he can kick well and grapple well, too.

I think most people aren't upset that he has opinions, just wondering why he is so vehement in them. No need for hostility here, you know? What happened to him to make him so angry? :LOL:

RJ Clark likes this.
  10. Dale

Dale Scholar of the martial arts

For all the wing chun practitioners like myself, here is another reason to burn him at the stake.

The Lion likes this.
  11. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

The world is filled with stupid, angry people. Most don't even know what they are angry about.

SifuPhil and Eric Dufurrena like this.
  12. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

This made me laugh. There was always that one TOOL on the preacher, or with the arm blaster... While the rest of us who understood strength were working dips with 45's hanging from the weight belt or tri extensions or bench, etc... building actual strength.

liam and RJ Clark like this.
  13. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

33 seconds in - just the timbre of his voice and use of the phrase "keep it real" made me sick up on the keyboard.

I couldn't watch any more - sorry. I don't have time to waste on listening to punk philosophy.

Caneman, michael mckenna and liam like this.
  14. The Lion

The Lion Ninja Pirate

Nice dale i got the stake ready bring some fire

I like how he said WC was easy to learn and there wasn't enough to even call it a system it just doesn't sound like he knows what he's talking about in regards to WC or he's had a bad introduction to it. I got through 3 miniutes of this and he failed to make a single relevant point so i gave up. Surely if you felt you had to comment on a martial art on youtube (as a teacher or online sifu/guru or whatever) you'd have some eloquence about the matter and at least state some thoughts or ideas to back up your statements instead of just saying f**k allot and making huge generalizations...

I think i know how he got his predjudices against MMA and Wing Chun clearly he got his ass kicked by Shawn Obasi