MMA Fighter Rips Out Friend's Heart and Eyes

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts' started by SifuPhil, Sep 12, 2012.

1. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

What if the real world turns out to BE just an illusion?

"Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, life is but a dream ..."

Judah likes this.
  2. Eric M. Miller

Eric M. Miller Samurai

then we live in da matrix and i choose to be neo :D

Judah and SifuPhil like this.
  3. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

What if it isn't just a matrix but a spiral helix? Then we'd be spinning back and forth between reality and illusion.

... sort of like the last time I mixed Scotch and Southern Comfort. :sick:

Judah likes this.
  4. Eric M. Miller

Eric M. Miller Samurai

and thus is why i mentioned drinking

5. taezee

taezee master of the art of sarcasm

I'm not a religious man..but the devil has been hard at work lately...drugs just make it easier for evil things to manifest....

6. Eric M. Miller

Eric M. Miller Samurai

bisecting "right and wrong" "good and evil" thoughts are for the ignorant. we live in a world of grays. there is no black and white. and your white, is someone else's black.

the devil is a fictional character made to stand for what freud calls the Id, the less socially acceptable part of the mind that we must control.

so don't claim it is the devil. it is a neural shift generated by a chemically induced alteration via the shrooms. nothing more.

RJ Clark likes this.
  7. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

That many! Commandant Lassard???:D

George St-Pierre is certainly a healthy mix of old and new world martial artist. And he is certainly no bully. Jnr Dos Santos seems like a pretty nice guy, as does Anderson Silva...(when Chael's not getting under his skin). Even Josh Koscheck's supposedly a really nice guy....off camera.
    I realise Pedro said not all mma fighters, but surely we've all seen our share of bullies in the traditional MA scene too?
    What was the evil sensi's name from 'Karate Kid', Cobra Kai and all that?
    In my 30 yrs of training I sadly have seen far more bullying in traditional MA than MMA.
    So many average teachers that never realised their own dreams or fantasies of becoming the next Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris, they end up teaching down at the local YMCA and giving hell to some poor bunch of kids and telling themselves how awesome they could of been if only.....

The MMA guys I see now have a very simple truth....put up or shut up!
    Don't talk, do! Prove it! Put your 5oz on and lets go!

I see guys who are at peace with the fact that they like to bang. They don't need to go and bully some shmuck to feel good about themselves, they get in the ring or cage and prove it to themselves, how good they are, how big their heart is.

But like anything with human involvment....there's allways some asshole, somewhere, who's happy to be the odd one out.

Enkidu and RJ Clark like this.
  8. Dave76

Better take the red pill then;)

9. Dave76

SifuPhil likes this.
  10. Dpendleton

Dpendleton Warrior Monk

So basically you are saying it's the Devil. I kid lol.

Judah likes this.
  11. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

Completely off topic here, but do you know how many people the devil kills in the entirety of the Bible?

12. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

I never said all of them are "bullies" or all bullies go to MMA, but someone's got to agree, ppl go to mma just to learn how to fight, not to have a learning of a martial ART filosophy. For many people this is bullshit, but to me is important, as I said it was my personal opinion.

I've met and trained jiu jitsu with some mma fighters and many of them were sweet people and very nice guys at the gym and a lot of them outside the gym were just jocks with increased ego.

This year a black belt taekwondo student in my dojo, due to drinking problems caused a huge mess at a party with some other instructors. He was instantly put away, mostly by his shame. This could happen in every family, I'm saying.. i think this is the main subject of the topic.

But the devil killing people? come on... if you controlled someone you really hate, would you kill him or torture him?:devil:

13. Enkidu

The number is 10... and that was on a bet with God regarding Lot where God gave Satan free reign to do his worst to Lot to test his faith (so God is partially culpable for those deaths as well).

Now, do you know how many people God is responsible for killing in the Bible (either directly or by directing his followers to kill them)? Also, I am only including deaths that can actually be counted, not estimates, like the flood, or the destruction of Saddam & Gomorrah.

Eric M. Miller likes this.
  14. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

They were SINNERS! and all of them drank mushroom tea

15. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Where are you trying to take this?
    Are you asking for a response from someone who believes God is the Creator... and what death and eternal life mean?

16. Enkidu

Eh, just going off on a tangent because someone jokingly blamed the MMA fighter's actions on the devil. But from biblical perspective, it seems unlikely (Devil = 10 deaths; Gods = 2,552,452 recordable deaths and an unknown number of estimable deaths from things like the flood and other genocides... so I would conservatively estimate 10x that number). Based on raw numbers, it is more likely that God told the 'shroomed up MMA fighter to kill his friend than Satan.

17. John rushton

John rushton Disciple

I am going to be blunt here (like anyone would expect any less from me): I think a lot of the dislike of MMA fighters among some self-styled "true" martial artists comes from the fact that they feel some form of inferiority complex about MMA and somehow realize that most of them (and even the best practitioners of their art) would get smashed in a fight against any MMA fighter worth his salt, in a cage, in a ring, on the street, in a boat, with a goat, I do not like green eggs and ham, Sam, I am. So, recognizing this, and thus feeling a good deal of insecurity about their martial art of choice, they resort to any number of silly claims about MMA and its practitioners, including name-calling, disparaging its efficacy outside the cage/ring, the lack of art, budo, or whatever you want to call it, and so on.[/quote]

very very true, but it has to be said alot of fans of mma's and people who train at a lower level do trash talk other martial arts like proper dickheads on the internet (especially youtube it seems) - not gonna make the art popular. They also often fail to see that not every violent confrontation is going to be like an expected fight between trained fighters. I have friends who work in security and in the police force who have used wing chun and aikido techniques that would not have a hope of working in a mma's fight, but were very usefull and very fast to resolve the situation they were in at the time and for this reason deserve respect. Absolutly right though, a big inferiority complex is out there- its obviously gonna work very well and people should learn from it not knock it in an attempt to convince them selves that their art is not gonna be left wanting.

18. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

@Enkidu
    Have you accepted Jesus as your lord and savior, son?

19. Enkidu

Nope. And I am certain that you are not my dad.

But since we are on the subject: have you accepted the magical pink unicorn named Bob (whose mane is made of cotton candy and who poops snickers bars) as your one true God? Or are you one of those heathens who follows the pagan teachings of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, the sect known as the Pastafarians?

Eric M. Miller likes this.
  20. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

Well, that's too bad.
    And that thing that poops snickers is just nonsense. Snickers are too sublime to be one's waste.