Muay Thai I looove it.......

Discussion in 'Muay Thai' started by Deborah, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

528766_363908183679484_311748050_n.jpg 545104_349606571775691_932630000_n.jpg

403516_3453845395861_312910000_n.jpg

I am going to this seminar thanx to Kru Yai Jim Richardson, I am getting excited and wanted to get in the mood!! Wanna share your knowledge with me and many others? Peace, love and respects,rei xxxXXxxx

Mario Paul, Aaron and Blade Maker like this.
  3. Eric M. Miller

Eric M. Miller Samurai

i have done it for 7 years and it is my "foundational art" for lack of a better term. very violent and aggressive art. but very much force against force too. complete opposite of hapkido (another art i practice). that being said, beautiful art as long as you dont count the crappy MMA people who claim to do it. i love the art deeply and am incredably jealous of you right now.

4. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Aaaaaaw Eric, I will let you know ALL about it. You are right about Thai being violent and aggressive I think that is why I looove it so very much. I like the fact that you train completely opposites in the arts you practice is really great, proper Yin and Yang...........peace and respects my fellow Thai enthusiast xxXXxx

Mario Paul and Blade Maker like this.
  5. Andy Homer

Andy Homer Disciple

Muay Thai has some great techniques that we incorporate into our system of Thai kickboxing, we also use techniques from Muay Boran and Lerdrit. Kicking with the shin instead of the foot is what we teach our students and the low kicks are truly devastating.

Deborah likes this.
  6. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Yeah, totaly agree, my shins are my own personal baseball bats. I remember in sparring once, I stupidly let my guard down and took a full-on Thai kick to my neck....talk about devastating!! Not only did he knock me out, I was completely sparkled for about 3 hours after:eek:!! I really appreciate your comments Andy thanx so very much for you reply....respects and peace xxXXxx

Blade Maker likes this.
  7. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

My stand-up art of preference is boxing. I learn just enough MT to be able to block kicks and see them coming. That said, I respect the hell out of MT.

8. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Woohoo!! Thanx my big strong-man warrior, I sure do appreciate your input....love, respects and smiles xxXXxx

Blade Maker likes this.
  9. Blade Maker

Blade Maker Master

i respect MT, i took a class at college, 1 semester was enough for me... they hit hard, a lot... i limped for the first 3 weeks, my round kicks are savage now and i almost never use my foot to strike now.

10. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

I loooove it Ian, I still roll glass bottles up and down my shins, makin deadly weapons lol....love, peace n respects xXXx

11. Eric M. Miller

Eric M. Miller Samurai

haha i look forward to it :)

Deborah likes this.
  12. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

So will I my friend...respects,rei xxXXxx

13. Joe

Joe Disciple

First, you are soo lucky. Always wanted to get into Muay thai, just never seems to be down here :(
    Second, you absolutely HAVE TO PUT UP THE DETAILS haha

Muay Thai is such an awesome fighting style, the power behind there strikes, and danger behind their kicks.. Amazing

Deborah likes this.
  14. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Ooooft, many thanx Joe, you sure have put a smile on my face:D!! I really appreciate your reply and interest, it means a lot my friend!! I will defo put up all the info and pictures up on this thread....Watch this space my martial friend.....Arigotu gozaimasi rei, thankyou very much and respects xXx

Joe likes this.
  15. Mario Paul

Mario Paul Samurai

You go girl. Give 'em hell.

Keep us posted. Wish I could go. NZ to Scotland for a weekend seminar..mmmmm
    Don't know how my bank would take that. I would have free accommodation though wouldn't I?

Deborah likes this.
  16. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Of course u wld have somewhere to stay.......As long as you don't mind sharing a bed with me and my three dogs Mario.........love, peace n respects xxXXxx

Mario Paul likes this.
  17. Joe

Joe Disciple

Sweet a, thank you for keeping us updated, it is very awesome. Thanks and much respect to you too :)

Deborah likes this.
  18. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

:D;)!! XXxxXX

19. Archie

Archie Initiate

i do muay thai... bu im trying to go to that next level muay boran... but i heard its illegal in the united states. so does anybody know another way to learn?

Deborah likes this.
  20. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Hi Archie, welcome to the BB Forum, unfortunately I am from Scotland and have not heard of the legality of Muay Boran in the states, but I'm sure one of my martial friends will know.....peace and respects my new martial friend XXxxXX

21. dmach

dmach Martial Archivest

I love the training and conditioning side of Muay Thai. One of my goals is to skip across to Thailand and do some training in one of their gyms. Kind of a pilgramage for many Australian MT fighters, you can go there and live and train with the other fighters for a few weeks. Just gotta convince the Mr s!! :eek:

Deborah likes this.