Nate Diaz Altercation With Renato Laranja

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts' started by Kevin, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

For those who missed it. I wasn't sure when I first saw this if it was real or just another work by Renato and 10th planet.

From what I've read it is real though. What do you think?

3. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

I've never liked the Diaz brothers, so I always choose to believe the worst about them.

Dave76 and Kevin like this.
  4. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

lol wow. I think it was initially started with the mindset of comedy. He does this with a lot of different fighters for the Mastering the System Episodes [ www.10thplanetjj.com/techniques $5 a month. Great stuff ] . He's interviewed or appeared with Bj Penn, Joe Rogan, vinny magalhaes , george sotiropoulos, etc. Most of the time the guys know Renato is an actor and play along with the fun, but with the social graces the diaz brother's seem to lack, it was something renato probably said [as an actor] but was taken seriously by Nate. I would definitely expect this kind of reaction from Nick, a bit surprising with Nate as he seems to be the cooler one... but of course we can never forget he's a Diaz.

Kevin likes this.
  5. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

It isn't clear whether he knew he was an actor or not. I mean, there's a chance he thought he was just guy trying to make fun of him. Perhaps he did know who he was but just didn't like him.

6. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Good point. Still funny as hell. Definitely makes me laugh though

7. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

To quote Ron Burgundy: "Stay classy..."

Enkidu and Kevin like this.
  8. Sherratt

Sherratt Disciple

wouldent exactly call this "comedy" and if it is - its not very good comedy...

9. the diaz brothers are fighters....not martial artists....or nate would have shook his hand vs. being tough....

thats why i do not think nate will ever be a ufc champ......all the ufc champs are martial artists....not fighters
    martial artists can conjure up the honor and respect that the ancients had centuries ago

10. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I definitely think Nate has the skills to get the belt. His BJJ and boxing are fantastic. In a perfect world, bullies wouldn't be martial artists. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Dave76, Enkidu and MattCMMA like this.
  11. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Eh. I wouldn't go as far as to not calling them martial artists. They both hold a black belt under the gracie's. Also to say champs like Dominic Cruz, Junior Dos Santos or Jon Jones aren't fighter's is a hell of a stretch.

Enkidu likes this.
  12. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

Of course they are martial artists. They ALSO happen to be galactic douche-bags, but there is nothing inherently contradictory about douchebaggery and martial artistry.

MattCMMA and Caneman like this.
  13. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Maybe he hadn't had a smoke from his 'bag' yet that day. Still a little to high strung, instead of just high.
    Like Eddie Bravo and Joe Rogan, great guys, funny as hell, Eddie Bravo's got great martial arts in the realm of BJJ, Joe Rogan was a champion tkd guy before becoming a BJJ black belt, but both them are total stoners.

As was said, martial artists can be dicks as much as anyone else in this world.

I think I know what you were really trying to get at, that in the idealised traditions of oldschool MA, there was a honour and a code that most school inculcated into their students. That a 'true' MA is one who follows 'Do' - the way.
    Always walk away if you can
    If you can't, then only hurt if there is no need to maim
    Only maim if there is no need to kill
    But always walk away if you can

That sort of thing?

But history shows us that there has always been buttwads and there always will be.
    Idealised views and the real world don't mix to well unfortunetly.

14. yeah....the idea that the more yu train the less yu want to fightor need to fight

yur mind becomes so strong that yu know most conflicts can be solved withyur mind in stead
    and if yu happen on another martial artist....yu shake their hand and ask to fight them

i agree that the modern world and the ancient one doesnt mix so well all the time

the modern martial artist can also take the term martial as war and look at it as martial equals obstacles in modern life

if yu train and believe the WAY.......those obstacles simply melt in front of yu

there is a quote that when a master martial artist just looks at yu......yu freeze and are unable to fight......yu have already lost

the diaz bros seem to act like punks and thugs sometimes

15. as an elementary school teacher my career is a war againt ignorance and children and parents that want to defy

i am the shogun.......a general......but at the same time i speak about martial arts theory.....

from this theory......miracles happen in my classroom......the students become champions....they loveme, i love them.....and their parents know that they have the best teacher in the school!

16. some karate theory i have learned is that karate is to be used for justice and on the samurai note......to kill evil

17. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Totally off subject, but I just finished watching Kuri Obi, and wow, best Karate film I've seen in a long time!