Nate Diaz Suspended by UFC After Using a Gay Slur in a Tweet

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts' started by Kevin, May 17, 2013.

1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Choice words from Nate Diaz haha :)

From http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/...lease-for-nate-diaz-tweet-manager-unrepentant

UFC lightweight Nate Diaz is the latest fighter to violate the UFC's code of conduct, and the promotion has suspended him.

Hours after Diaz wrote a derogatory term for a homosexual person on his official Twitter account, UFC President Dana White told MMAjunkie.com(www.mmajunkie.com) the fighter would be fined and suspended – or possibly released from the promotion. He did not give a timeline for a decision.

But late Thursday, UFC officials issued a statement to MMAjunkie.com saying Diaz had been suspended by the company.

natediaz_twitter.JPG

“We are very disappointed by Nate Diaz’s comments, which are in no way reflective of our organization," the statement read. "Nate is currently suspended pending internal investigation and we will provide further comment once the matter has been decided.”

Diaz issued a pair of tweets Thursday in which he exssed sympathy for Pat Healy, who was docked $130,000 in bonus money after testing positive for marijuana, and attacked the fighter given $65,000 of the money, Bryan Caraway.

"I feel bad for pat Healy that they took a innocent mans money and I think the guy who took the money is the biggest F-g in the world," Diaz wrote on Twitter.

Healy submitted Jim Miller at UFC 159 this past month in Newark, N.J. But after his positive test, the win was overturned to a no contest.

3. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

I feel bad for Healy as well. Lost 80% of his earnings on that night. Though can't feel too bad for him. He knew the rules.. and broke them. As for the Nate situation, he should have known better. Especially after the Mitrione shit that went down so recently. Though if it wasn't for the media outlets, the suspension probably wouldn't have happened. Nate deleted that post almost immediately, it was the media who grabbed onto it so quickly and plastered it everywhere.

4. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

Man, that was a pretty mean spirited comment! He must be friends with Healy? Or is he just that addicted to Marijuana that he feels he must be vehement in it's defense, albeit in a round-about way? Or, perhaps, defensive much?

5. Master of Nothing

Master of Nothing Psychotic Pacifist

Docked for pot? They should have given him a special award for making it to the fight instead of ordering pizza. :LOL:
    As for Diaz. I wonder which guy broke his heart to make him use that ignorant slur?

Dave76 and Eric Dufurrena like this.