Nick Diaz's camp files complaint over ufc 158

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts' started by MattCMMA, Mar 26, 2013.

1. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Source

Diaz seems to be acting like a sore loser. But the complaint seems legit. As much as i don't like Diaz, I have to agree with at least with the weight issue.

The rules say the weight is pointed out by contract. [ not the commission] The contract says 170lbs. NOT 170.1 - 170.9. Even if the commission wants to ignore decimal points , the contract doesn't. Even though I don't think this is going to go anywhere, or result in any type of rematch. I would be personally pissed if in Nick's shoes, even though I wouldn't have accepted to fight that night, rather then bring it all up afterwards.

Eric Dufurrena likes this.
  3. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

I think if this does go anywhere then a rematch will be inevitable due to the way the contract is worded. However I agree that if the weight wasn't as per the contract then Diaz should have refused prior to the fight. It does stink to high heaven of sore loser syndrome, however a contract is a contract.

Eric Dufurrena and MattCMMA like this.
  4. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

It kinda of brings up the question of which is more important?
    The Regulation's rule? or the Commission's rule?

5. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Me personally I think it should come down to the commission to decide this. As opposed to the contract, after all Diaz accepted the fight under those weight conditions.

Eric Dufurrena likes this.
  6. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

I have to disagree here. I don't think a commission should be able to interfere with a contract between him and his fight promoter. Only regulation's can ie: 20% lost in purse to other fighter if missing weight]

Also here is a brilliant tweet I came by.

[​IMG]

7. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

8. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Now that you have added that to this discussion I would have to agree with you.

9. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

10. I feel bad for nick he is not all there....but he has been beat and he is a bitch and he aing keepin itreall

Eric Dufurrena and RJ Clark like this.
  11. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

It's pretty safe to assume in the contract that being underweight doesn't break the regulation's rules, nor would it break the rules of the commission. As long as you're not so underweight that you fall below the weight class. Also the regulation rule the Diaz camp is bringing forward addresses the maximum weight.

12. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Sooooo much irony hearing that from you Rocco.

Enkidu likes this.
  13. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Source

This post was excellent and brings the real question at hand.

14. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

I did giggle a bit at this exchange but Rocco does have a good point. By all rights Diaz only talked his way into this past title shot (he did not deserve to be bumped up in line) now he wants a rematch by splitting hairs on regs and/or contracts? I went from liking the Diaz brothers in a kind of anti-hero way to really starting to dislike at least Nick. You lost Nick, now go away and work your way back to a title shot that you can say you actually earned. All this is just my opinion tho'. It'll be up to the lawyers and such to see how that all ends up.

15. I think matt is like dickey nickey......eat a dick as we say in scarborough

16. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Aww get a little butt hurt there Rocco? Pun intended. I bet you love to say that out there with your gay army you've started. I thought you were "done here" after your lil temper tantrum last time. Or was that just more bullshit spouting from your mouth?

17. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Right guys I'm ready to settle down.

Locutus likes this.
  18. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

I agree with you that he's pulling a bitch move and being a sore loser. But, most importantly I put my opinion aside about Diaz and really see the implications of what went down. Definitely some shady shit going down with this one. An hour before the weigh in Diaz gets told about this weigh in nonsense by a UFC official. I suspect this "off the record" shadyness was because before the weigh in, GSP was running a fever and had to babysit an injury to his leg. This would show that the UFC knew there may be an issue with GSP hitting his contractually obligated weight and was looking for loopholes to make sure the fight would go on. Also considering when the video was thrown on the net, the UFC pulled their copyright shit to pull it down quickly. Along with the commission's not measuring decimal points. Just too many convenient things coming together to make it look like the UFC and the commission looked the other way to be sure the event would go on.

19. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

I wasn't even thinking about the sickness and injury that have now been reported by GSP's camp. But this whole situation reminds me of an episode of TUF with big country, when during weigh ins one of the fighters told his coach, Roy, that he saw the other guy weigh too much, and AFTER his fighter loses Roy brings it up to Dana. Would he have done that if his fighter had won? I find it hard to believe that Diaz's camp wouldn't have make a stink about this if they had really known, though, considering all the grief they were giving GSP for his hand-wraps and such. I guess, in the end, we just all question Diaz's motives. It seems like he just wants something for nothing.

MattCMMA, RJ Clark and Charlay Atkins like this.
  20. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

I agree that the UFC officials need to be investigated, however Diaz still agreed to the fight under those conditions. I have to assume that he agreed to it as the fight went ahead. Under no circumstances do I believe that Diaz is entitled to anything here, not even a rematch. By agreeing to the fight with the knowledge that GSP did not meet the weight requirement puts him at a great disadvantage here, he null and voided that contract by stepping into the arena. Diaz would need to prove he had no knowledge of this prior to him stepping into the ring, which he will not be able to prove.

As for your point with the UFC that needs to be dealt with and swiftly before it does any damage to the sport.

I realise this is a contradiction to my first post with regards to this topic, but I have thought about this a little more hence my comments above.

21. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

We all have to understand that the athletic commission is also suspect. Remember GSP is their native champ. This is much more concerning then anything allegedly the UFC may be guilty of. The UFC is a promotion, of course it's going to do whatever it can to make the fight happen. It's the commission that's supposed to be there and ultimately responsible.