Nick Diaz's camp files complaint over ufc 158

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts' started by MattCMMA, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Gone

Gone Guest

.. I hate aids.

2. The quebec comission can make unwritten rules, therefore they are not breaking their rules....look under mixed boxing at the comission.....would give link from sherdog but on tablet sorry

3. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

The question isn't whether they are breaking their own rules, it's the fact that they are over ruling a written contract and they cannot do that. Otherwise what's the point of having a contract if they can do what the hell they like.

4. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

You're right. And they've done it multiple times. Including this one. This shows favoritism towards their own fighters as well compromises their integrity. If the commission doesn't follow the rules they themselves have made.. why write them down? Why not just make them up as they go? They're doing that anyway. Here are some examples.

Source

5. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Pretty much shows there is no reason why any fighter would want to fight under this commission. Any further Quebec shows are going to be raised with question. Quebec fans can thank their commission for this, as I see the UFC going to other areas of Canada for their shows.

6. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Personally I hope they do.

7. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

So now Diaz's camp is also complaining about how the drug testing went down. Sore loser much?

Charlay Atkins and RJ Clark like this.
  8. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Eric Dufurrena likes this.
  9. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

It's not about Diaz anymore. It's about the athletic commission breaking their own rules to favor their native fighter. It's amazing to me that you guys are willing to ignore this just because you don't like Diaz.

Enkidu likes this.
  10. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Yep and the fact we know it is winding you up.:p:D

11. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

I actually saw this controversy last week, including the video of Diaz's camp being told about it on the day of the weigh ins. You all know how much I detest the Diaz brothers, but I gotta say, I think they have a pretty valid complaint on this one.

MattCMMA likes this.
  12. Eric Dufurrena

Which rules of their own did they break? I was only aware of the weigh issue, in which everyone's weight is rounded down. They are saying that, overall, their proceedings were suspect, not done to proper protocol? Sounds like the commission is getting loose in their old age, eh? Overall, a bit confusing.

13. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

hahaha not much love for Diaz

RJ Clark likes this.
  14. Eric Dufurrena

And it's ALWAYS about Nick. Didn't you watch any of the press conferences?:confused:

RJ Clark and Charlay Atkins like this.
  15. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Whinging little bitch Diaz.

1/2 a pound? I leave more weight than that in the shitter every morning.

Locutus likes this.
  16. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

All title fights require exact weight or below. They don't allow the usual 1lb difference. This is in any title fight

17. Dave76

I know. I saw the video also that Enkidu was referring to, where they where actually telling Nick and his camp about how they would do this.
    That was when he should have come forward, leaving it until after he has lost is in my opinion to late. He new, he should have said something there and then, by not doing so it is reasonable to imply a consent to go ahead with the fight, there by making null and void any right to complain about it afterwards.

If he had made his case before the fight, I would have agreed with him, even though I can't stand him.
    But he gave consent by not objecting before the fight, even though he and his camp knew, so sorry, but to late.

18. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Ah I see. So because he didn't say something first. We should just forget that the rules were broken. Gotcha.

19. Dave76

No. I just believe that in this instance he had his chance to say something beforehand, he chose not to, so to bad. For any future title fights being held in Canada I do think they should close this loophole.
    As for how the UFC should approach this, that's between the Canadian combat sports governing body and the UFC.

I think Diaz's camp chose not to say anything beforehand so that if he lost they would have a way to create contrversy, to try and force a re-match.

20. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Hey, at least one other person can think objectively.

Enkidu likes this.