Nicknames?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Caneman, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

As one of the new contributors just announced himself with his nickname, I thought it might be humorous to hear "what you have been called" out there (non-profane) ;)... and why it might have stuck.

Going back many years... mine was Robocop, and my wife still calls me that once in a while.
    It has to do with the mechanics of how I move...
    Even though I very flexible, I tend to move fairly rigidly... always a distinct stopping and starting point... not a "flow" kind of guy, generally. Though speed has never been an issue for me...
    I could never dance to save my life.
    More discrete than integrated; digital than analog; etc.

So tell us yours now...

3. David Manson

David Manson Disciple

I'm afraid my nicknames wouldn't be appropreate for posting.

Ben and Caneman like this.
  4. arron butler

arron butler Fist of Fury

I have 3 nicknames to mind. From the 80's til present i am known as DJ Butski. And Bigusdickus for my bluetooth handle. And when training with my MA friends, One of them called me Bruce.loool. Oh, and A Stretch Bro.lol. Peace and Respect.

Caneman likes this.
  5. Daniel Miller

Daniel Miller Warrior Instructor

I've been called Wolf Legs (long story), G.I. Joe, and Liu Kang (I like just a healthy splash of flashiness)

Sherratt, Caneman and arron butler like this.
  6. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

LOL

MattCMMA likes this.
  7. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Mine was Van Damn for some strange reason, I think it was to do with the fact I did Kick boxing and that I speak French.:rolleyes::D

arron butler and Caneman like this.
  8. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

I've had a variety of nicknames, one of the funniest was at work "That dude is like a friggin' spider monkey up there!" The coolest was The One, dubbed by my buddy after I pulled a parkour-esque two-step leap onto the bar into a twisting diving leap catch of a bar stool that a guy launched at his brother's back while he was beating a dude down (no one could hear an effing thing with the music so loud). And also because within a day of that I pulled another leaping save and yanked a kid out of the self-feeder chipper chute when he got flipped onto the tree that was being chewed up. I was officially "The One" after that...

9. The10man

The10man Disciple

Got the nickname 10man in College after a weird night out. I have a multitude of nicknames. So many that I rarely answer to my given name, because I don't realize they are talking to me.

Caneman likes this.
  10. Judah

Judah fights in tights

Man this sucks. I don't have a nickname. Or even a cool online name :( although I got a friend who sounds like Arnie when he speaks English. I call him the savatinator....

Sherratt and Caneman like this.
  11. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Haha don't feel too bad bud, mines nothing to brag about.;):D

12. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

We can help you with a new handle. We just look at what you do or have done, like calling you "Roadhouse" (Swayze flick) from working as a bouncer. Or you can get proactive, next time you're sparring hit someone repeatedly with some jabs and be like "That's right! It's the Jackhammer, baby!" and christen yourself...:ROFLMAO:

Judah and Charlay Atkins like this.
  13. Judah

Judah fights in tights

I think if I called myself "Jackhammer" peeps would call me MC hammer in the sly! But it's a good idea!

14. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

You can't touch this. :ROFLMAO:

Judah likes this.
  15. Judah

Judah fights in tights

I'm gonna say that everytime someone misses me!

The10man and Charlay Atkins like this.
  16. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Yeah I can imagine, just for the sheer coolness effect or annoyance which ever it causes first.:ROFLMAO:

Sherratt likes this.
  17. Judah

Judah fights in tights

Especially if I then do the little dance....

Charlay Atkins likes this.
  18. Judah

Judah fights in tights

Oh crickey! I forgot. People have been calling me "Stamina" recently for some unknown reason.....

Locutus and Caneman like this.
  19. dmach

dmach Martial Archivest

Only nickname I get is Danielsan, which I got from passing up a night out after I was too shagged from a grading.

Caneman likes this.
  20. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

At first glance I thought you said Gangnam style, shit I hate being dyslexic.:ROFLMAO:

21. Judah

Judah fights in tights

Tihs oen's for yuo

dmach and Charlay Atkins like this.