ninjutsu

Discussion in 'Ninjitsu' started by mario, Aug 11, 2013.

?

ninjutsu belts

1. idk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. idk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. mario

mario Initiate

hello i would like to know about ninjutsu what color are the belts in such martial art? from begginer to the top

3. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Warrior Monk

Not my area but, White, green, black. Or the Wappan and Hoshi form of rank.

mario likes this.
  4. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

5. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

6. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Warrior Monk

Sneaker likes this.
  7. Aaron

Aaron Shadow Warrior

Belts are white, green, and black. The Bujinkan system grades on kyu and dan rankings. White belt 9th kyu, 8th to 1st kyu green belt. Shodan and above black belt. Some sensei's in the 80's gave out brown belts to senior students before there black belts, but these where few and far in between. Menkyo kaydan used to be given out, but from my understanding this is now only given to high ranking shihan who have spent decades mastering the 9 ryus.

9th kyu -1st kyu wappan is red and white, 1st Dan - 4th Dan is red and black. Can't remember how the wappan colors go for the next ranks.

Every rank has a specific set of stars that are placed on above the wappan, a lot of practitioners, including myself, don't use the stars, its such a pain when you have to get a new GI to transfer them and the wappan.

Not all sensei test for every grade; some will test for 2, 3, or 4 kyu levels at a time. All Dan rankings are usually done 1 at a time. 5th Dan test has to be done in Japan by a shihan (15th dan ) and observed by Soke and another shihan.

Ranks go from 9th kyu to 15th Dan (technically 10th Dan 5th level when the ranks got created, but everyone now refers to them as 11th Dan through 15th Dan, its less complicated).

Above 15th dan is Soke (head of the system).

It can be really frustrating as there is no set criteria on what makes up each rank up to 5th Dan, it really makes seminars and training with other dojos in the art interesting and frustrating at the same time. :)

This is true from what I have been taught in the Bujinkan organization. Can't speak for the Genbukan, Quest, or the other organizations that teach ninjutsu methods.

8. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Warrior Monk

Wow!! I wasn't that far off. I think I earned myself a doughnut :woot:

Aaron likes this.
  9. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

The belt of a ninja is invisible, just as ninja are.

Dave76 and Sneaker like this.
  10. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Warrior Monk

Huh!!! Who said that?!?!?! Damn, Now I'm hearing voices........back on my meds :hungry:

Sneaker likes this.
  11. wizcool c

wizcool c Initiate

when i was doing Bujinkan about a decade ago,they also had brown belt. white, green, brown, and black

12. Aaron

Aaron Shadow Warrior

Some senseis/instructors still do give out brown belts for the higher kyu grades, but offically the student is still a green belt, just a higher kyu grade.