Respect and Tradition

Discussion in 'Hybrid Martial Arts' started by Pedro, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

This guy represents the most important concept brought by martial arts tradition.
    Respect.
    For those who don't know, this is Lyoto Machida. He is a Karateka that adapts his Karate into MMA.

[​IMG]

This was in the last night fight, I guess..

3. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Machida has always been my favorite. Huge fan here, no convincing necessary.
    Personally, I love his fight patience... some call him boring, I have always seen the opposite. Of course I like the game of chess, and all other strategy games too. :)
    He has always been a class act from what I have seen, and know about him.

dmach, Pedro, Daniel Miller and 2 others like this.
  4. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

The only thing I don't like is how his family drink their urine. A bit creepy.

Sneaker and RJ Clark like this.
  5. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Agree with both of you(y)

Eric Dufurrena and Sneaker like this.
  6. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

He's a fantastic fighter. Also to mention that fight was his first at middleweight. He used to fight at light heavyweight but choose to drop a weight class. Very exciting to see what he can do there.

Kuyaken and RJ Clark like this.
  7. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Absolutely. He looked a bit, ahh smooth at light heavyweight but for this fight he was ripped and a powerhouse. The move has also created a whirlwind of filling-in-the-blanks about a Silva retirement. "They" should probably save the speculation until after Weidman and Silva fight again. If Silva wins then Machida should be in title shot position after beating at least one more top ten but preferably top five guy. Then we can see how firm their resolve is to not fight one another...

MattCMMA likes this.
  8. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Wow... is this some kind of "urban legend"... documented somewhere?

Sneaker likes this.
  9. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

10. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

hahha um whaaaaaaaat

Caneman likes this.
  11. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

When Silva wins ;)

12. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Therapy? Right, uh, what? Bear Grylls survival school therapy?

13. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Oh, and my wife hates whenever I start to grow a beard. I can't imagine telling her I decided to start drinking my first pee of the morning... "kiss me honey" LMAO.
    Of course, unless I was dying in the desert... it wouldn't ever be an option anyway.

14. Dale

Dale Scholar of the martial arts

This guy seems pretty legit as a karateka

15. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

That's what I like about him

i think the unrine thing is like an holistic homeopatic treatment, in a way that the urine is a liquid that contains almost every toxic component that was filtered out of our bodies, and the ingestion of those toxic components makes our immune system to deal with them more directly, creating antibodies against almost everything that has ever been into us.

16. Void_Karateka

Void_Karateka Pauper Karateka

I'm a massive fan of Machida. He is definitely a legit karateka. Just the way he carries himself and talks to people is enough to tell you that.

MattCMMA likes this.
  17. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

very legit.

Pedro likes this.
  18. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Warrior Monk

All 3 levels of SERE, and never did I drink my own urine. Ummm.....Cheers!!!

19. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

you missed out it seems haha, imagine how much more energy you would have had in your manoeuvres if you did :ROFLMAO: (Sarcasm)

20. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

I am sure you never squeezed moisture out of elephant dung and drank it either... but I have watched Bear Grylls do it.

21. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Warrior Monk

:poop: No.....Can't say I have. I guess Edward is out of my league. :D

Caneman likes this.