Signature on Kukkiwon dan certificates

Discussion in 'Taekwondo' started by Chrisoro, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Chrisoro

Chrisoro Initiate

Hello!

I graded to 1st dan in Kukki Taekwondo in 2013, and 2nd dan this summer. Om both my Kukkiwon dan certificates, the signature in the "President of the Kukkiwon" field bottom right, says only "Kukkiwon", not the name of the current president.

I have checked with the Kukkiwon Dan/Poom-rank database, and I am registered with the proper dan rank, so this is not a case of false certificates, but even though I am aware of the fact that the Kukkiwon has some problems having their elected presidents stay presidents over time for the past couple of years, for various reasons, I still think it is strange that they seemingly have not fixed the signature on their official dan certificates between 2013 and 2016. Or is it just me who have had exceptionally bad timing and graded both times in the time periods where there hasn't been an official president?

Can anyone else share some light on this, perhaps tune in if they have received certificates in the period between 2013 and 2016 with the signature of an actual Kukkiwon president? I believe the current president is Jeong Mansoon.