So i Broke my Punching bag ...

Discussion in 'Training Gear' started by The Little Lion, Jul 10, 2013.

1. The Little Lion

The Little Lion Hard Wing Chun - The Music Of Bones

I was practicing a strike thats quite powerful and this happened ... anyone have this happen with theirs?

Attached Files:

• oops.jpg
      oops.jpg
      File size:
      338.1 KB
      Views:
    Sneaker and Ninja_Lee like this.
  2. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

The only freestanding heavybag that I ever used that was moderately durable was a TKO brand that had a mega-heavyduty spring as the post that connected the bag to the base. I mostly used it as a training station in a long circuit for my students. It was good and bad in that it would slide a little to a lot and/or do a teeter-totter (base tilted up off the ground) depending on what type of strike just hit it and where. So that station had to have a large perimeter to not interfere with anyone else.

3. Alice Okasan

Alice Okasan Disciple

What did that bag do to you? Insult your mama?....

drewtoby and DeeD like this.
  4. The Little Lion

The bag didn't insult my mama it slept with my girlfriend :eek:

I had the tilting problem with it but part of me hopes i can fix it when i get some allen keys or just have to take the bag off and use it for ground and pound training i guess >.<

5. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

i'd bury the base into the ground

DeeD and RJ Clark like this.
  6. arron butler

arron butler Fist of Fury

I Split My Kick Bag That Weighed 55 kilos, And Cracked my Grans Wall with my Makiwara Board When I was about 28 lol. I Must Have Been At My peak Back Then.LOL.

7. Ninja_Lee

Ninja_Lee Initiate

I don't like the bags with the sprung bottom they break far too easily if you are hitting them properly, at our school the best free standing bags we've found so far have been the wavemaster xxl but even they break over time. We have even had companies ask "what are you doing with the bags" after we complain about how quickly they break.

Like Matt said you may get some more use out of it now if you bury the base but I think that would just lead to it snapping. How long have you had the bag?

8. The Little Lion

Well it was a present brought for me 3 years ago but mostly it was just sitting for the first two and a half, it'sannoying though because it hadn't been used that much. I'm sure the landlord would have a problem with me burying the bag, also i don't have any flat ground in the garden so even if i levelled a few square feet it would be awkward although i could get used to throwing combos up and down a slope though!

9. Vldz

Vldz Warrior Monk

Nah, never happen to mine..... although... my punching bag is a tree in my backyard.

10. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

[​IMG]

RJ Clark, Vldz and Ninja_Lee like this.
  11. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

I am told there are quite a few prescription medications that can help when "that happens to theirs."

12. The Little Lion

sometimes it's a symptom of beating it too hard to often :ROFLMAO:

Sabomnim Dan and Ninja_Lee like this.
  13. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

You might be able to create something better than what you had by setting a post in the ground (if landlord gives the OK) and sliding the top of your freestanding unit (bag padding + pipe) onto the post. Wrap everything below the padding with a length of hemp rope and you have a great means to condition your feet and shins also.(y)

MattCMMA likes this.
  14. Vldz

Vldz Warrior Monk

Matt. don't caught me so readily like that. LOL.

15. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

hahahaha

Sneaker likes this.
  16. sophiaercel95

sophiaercel95 Initiate

The same thing also happened to me. I am a Red belt martial arts trainer and I also broke my punching bag during practice.
    That punching bag was very old and my students also used to practice on it. Now I have bought a new punching bag which is very strong and durable. The quality of that punching bag is superb and I bought that from an online site that offers a Quiet Punch coupon code for its customers to avail of a discounted price on different punching bags. So, If you also want to buy a new one then I believe this is the best option for you.

Attached Files:

17. starprocombat1

starprocombat1 Initiate