Taekwondo Drills

Discussion in 'Taekwondo' started by techmoto, Nov 18, 2018.

1. techmoto

techmoto Initiate

I had a broken leg in June after a motorcycle accident. It was a bad open break through both bones in my shin. I have a metal rod holding it together. The doctor says I can do light workouts. I want to start strengthening my knee. That is one of the spots I am having problems with. They pushed the rod down through my knee to get it in place. It is also screwed in just below the knee.

About a month and a half ago I got back into my boxing routine. I have been doing this for a long time. Not to compete; mainly just to stay in shape. I feel martial arts is one of the best things for that. I do my boxing routine 3 days a week. I was then finishing up my week by doing 2 days of body weight exercises.

I would like to change those 2 days of body weight exercises to 2 days of taekwondo drills. I am looking for some drills that include both offensive and defensive drilling. I need something that is going to be low impact on my leg.

Right now, on my boxing days, I end up doing about an hour. I do 4 circuits of 3 minute drills. I do decline sit ups in between the circuits and then ab work at the end.

Can anybody help me with some good drills that I could throw into a similar routine? I really appreciate any help I can get.