Tai Chi Application Videos - GlennHairstonTaiChi

Discussion in 'Martial Arts Films & Videos' started by Michael Arlov, Aug 25, 2021.

1. Michael Arlov

Michael Arlov Initiate

Have recently come across this youtube channel which has a lot of content on tai chi application https://www.youtube.com/user/formlessfighter

Here is one recent video that explains roll back in a way I have never seen any other teacher explain how to actually make it work against another person.

Seems this teacher is a police officer and also has a background in training law enforcement and military in combatives/fighting. Quite different from all the other tai chi teachers seemingly coming out of the woodwork these days (lol every guy with a camera and a few years experience claims to be a teacher nowadays) as this teacher has used Tai Chi in his career as a law enforcement officer actually fighting real people in the street without any rules.

Also seen some posts on other forums that says he has consulted for hollywood films like Blood and Bone and Silence Of The Lambs

Thought I would post this for anyone considering application training in their Tai Chi. If anyone has links to other teachers with a strong pedigree in application, please post here as I am relatively new and want to learn this stuff.

Please, do not post any BS Tai Chi like the "no-touch" stuff and the "chi generation" stuff. I don't care how real it is or how good someone is at it, it means nothing if you can't apply it to an uncooperative opponent. And we have all seen more than enough videos of these fake masters getting absolutely destroyed and anyone with even a few years of real martial arts experience can clearly see that these fake masters have never fought before in their entire lives. This is the problem with "academic" Tai Chi masters... people who claim they know Tai Chi but have only ever practiced it in a school setting.

johnnewman likes this.
  3. johnnewman

johnnewman Grasshoppa

Your previous post was also informational. I think that post covers all the points you want to discuss in this post.