ten ways you know ur addcited to MMA

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts' started by shyquille graves, Dec 3, 2012.

1. shyquille graves

shyquille graves Warrior Monk

ten ways you know ur addicted to MMA
    1: you see little kids in the street fighting and u walk up and stop them to tell them what to do better and after ur done u continue to let them fight

2: you practice a chokes and things on ur animals mainly dogs u dont hurt them its just playing around

3: when ur girlfriend comes over u when u start pplay fight u play like ur tapping her out

4: when u hear a bell ur first instinct is to touch gloves so u can fight

5: when somone play fights with u and they throw a kick u throw a shin block and prepare the throw a heavy right / you want to catch there leg and take the to the ground by way of single leg

6 : you always make sure ur nails and toes nails are trimmed because u dont want to scratch someone

7: ur car has more stray mma gloves that are only either right or left

8: you have to go to a gym with a punching bag cause u dont want ur kicking and punch combos to rusty

9: you alwyas keep a a bag full of either pants u can kick in or a pair a gloves just in case something happens

10: looking at guys with long hair and thinking dude u would be so screwed how can u see a punch coming with all that hair

Caneman and Kevin like this.
  3. shyquille graves

feel free to add to the list

4. Sol Blaze

Sol Blaze Lion Styler

11: MA Vision - you look EVERY person within your radius and immediately figure out how you'd take them down...should anything happen...

12: You don't flinch, you would've, could've and DID dodge it.

Much Love Mxxxxxxx

shyquille graves likes this.
  5. shyquille graves

yes i do number 11 all the time and i plot my exit points

6. Adam Crawshaw

Adam Crawshaw The Ripper

13. You use transitions during "play time" ahem >.> <.<

7. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Love this one! Yes, I do this with my dog all the time... also, we play this game where (when she has her green duck) she trys to run past me, and cuts and fakes better than an NFL RB... and I will tell you this... IF you can catch a dog doing this (like Rocky with the chicken)... you are really quick on your feet, and can take down any human (or at least latch on)!
    LOL

RJ Clark and Sol Blaze like this.
  8. Aaron Hutto

Aaron Hutto Master

14 (kind of an elaboration of 11). You think about how you could turn every encounter of bodily contact (IE - hand shake, tap on the shoulder, etc.) into a joint lock.

shyquille graves and Sol Blaze like this.
  9. Sol Blaze

Sol Blaze Lion Styler

OLO YES TO ALL!!

Mxxxxxx

10. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

What number are we up to?...15. When you look at anyone you also determine if the guy is in your weight class.

11. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

16. You pay way to much $ for DirectTV. So you can have the channel for Fuel tv.
    17. The only TV you watch is related to MMA. [ InsideMMA, UFC UNLEASHED, Best Of PRIDE,etc.] Otherwise such TV is used to play fights.

12. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

18. While watching a UFC event, You call out jiu jitsu techniques before Rogan does.

13. shyquille graves

i kick at my dog not hard but she knows how to dodge kicks its funny

14. RJ Clark

Honorable mention for the list: Ask anyone wearing fighter-affiliated brand clothing what they do and if they'd like to spar.
    I used to do this before everybody wore the stuff, but it quickly got to the point where 95% of the time they weren't fighters or didn't participate in any combat sports or even martial arts so I gave up on that tactic.:rolleyes:

15. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

2. Yes for the dog thing, and I had a 140 lb German shepherd that I would wrestle with! Also, I would play with him using Kali hand movements! I am glad he never got pissed at me! Will post a picture in his honor. RIP.

[​IMG]

And number 8... I am going to a gym that has a few heavy bags but can only be used for some cardio boxing BS and it is really the only thing I want to do but can't.

16. kenpoluke

kenpoluke Initiate

19. When someone goes to shakes your hand and you put them into a joint lock. :)

17. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

20... on the occasions that something triggers a true physical reaction (but only in a suprise reaction, not a threat or need situation), but you still mentally discuss the usage of the approximate second to that next heartbeat, before you felt adrelanization and then smile and say "...Yeah" as you feel that surge/flush.

shyquille graves and RJ Clark like this.
  18. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Instant mental picture... I can see you in WalMart doing that... LOL... other uncomfortable guy you asked, nervous, wanting to flee... stammering. Or worse, trying to telling you "stab" stories...

RJ Clark likes this.
  19. RJ Clark

:ROFLMAO:No stab stories, but pretty close on most guys reaction. Extremely high percentage would talk about how they did "a little bit of ______" but don't fight/spar/train anymore...

20. Gone

Gone Guest

I'd like to add in someting unique and interesting like you guys but I only have two to add at the moment.

- the highlight of your week is going to your classes

- you think the gym/dojo should host more classes in your style per week.

21. Gone

Gone Guest

I'd like to add in someting unique and interesting like you guys but I only have two to add at the moment.

- the highlight of your week is going to your classes

- you think the gym/dojo should host more classes in your style per week.