The debate of "pro" wrestlers (WWE ect.) becoming MMA fighters

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts' started by Adam Crawshaw, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Dpendleton

Dpendleton Warrior Monk

Yeah you have a lot of guys who have legit college wrestling backgrounds. I think if Kurt would have went to MMA first he would have done great.

UK-Student and Enkidu like this.
  2. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

I think most pro wrestlers would do great in MMA.

Not because they have the skills, though - because they already have the shiny, hairless bodies, the big mouths, the over-acting abilities and the tats. They just have to exchange their man-panties for a set of baggies. :whistle:

3. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

haha! Seems like you're fishing for something, or someone, with this bait.;)

4. SifuPhil

Who, me? :love:

Enkidu likes this.
  5. KungFuBoojBJJ

KungFuBoojBJJ Disciple

So this was Batista's MMA debut for anybody who hasn't seen it, not exactly impressive.
    To be fair to the guy though, he has gone on record as saying he just wanted to try it a few times and see how he goes

6. Gone

Gone Guest

Batista is a feeble-minded dweeb.

7. Regent St-Onge

Regent St-Onge Canada Goju

What a joke...

8. UK-Student

UK-Student Disciple

Hey, hey. Hard to criticise someone who is willing to enter a professional mma match as "feeble-minded" or "a joke". By doing that he showed more bravery than most martial artists. He's only been training in martial arts a very short amount of time so it's kind of weird for people to stick the boot in who haven't walked a mile in the shoes of a full contact pro fighter.

9. SifuPhil

I always liked Batista as a wrestler ... it might take some time for me to say the same for him as a mixed martial artist. But I give him credit for trying.

10. Dpendleton

Dpendleton Warrior Monk

You know what you are right the guy has a lot of balls for doing that, I don't think too many people would jump in the ring,cage,and a regular local tourney to test their skills. The man was fighting a guy more skilled them him and won yes the guy looked out of shape but he still has more experience than Batista.

MattCMMA likes this.