UFC 158

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts' started by Kevin, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

A little thread for those of you who are watching UFC 158.

It's been a great card so far. Antonio Carvalho was very unlucky there. He was certainly under pressure and he could have been punched a few times...but he was defending himself intelligently. He was unlucky the referee stopped it so early.

MattCMMA likes this.
  3. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Wow. Jake just put it down. Stinky leg! Nailed him right against the post.

Condit vs Hendricks...SO hyped for this one.

4. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Yeah...Nate came up as if he wasn't hurt...it was the right call. He wasn't defending himself..looked like he was going to go to sleep.

Great start to condit and hendricks. Hendricks came out swinging like a madman.

MattCMMA likes this.
  5. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

What an amazing first round!

MattCMMA likes this.
  6. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Holy fuck and its only the 1st round

Kevin likes this.
  7. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

This is a great match up. Condit has taken some big punches but hasnt been rocked.

8. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I's say hendricks is slightly ahead in the judges eyes so far. Not much between them though.

9. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

A lot of respect between both of them, before and during the fight.

10. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

maybe by takedowns, but condit is always attacking and getting back up. great jitz, im loving it, but i can see it go anyway. as a betting man, it makes me nervous, as a fight fan i fuckin love it here we go round 3!

Kevin likes this.
  11. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

What a fight!!!!

MattCMMA likes this.
  12. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

13. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I honestly don't know which way it is going to go... I think Hendricks might edge it due to his takedowns etc. No result would surprise me.

Wish that was a 5 rounder!

Dave76 likes this.
  14. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

29-28 unanimous. I think that was the right result. Full respect to Condit. Heart of a lion.

15. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

no fuckin way OMG fuckin judges

16. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

It's Timeeeeeeeeeeeee!

17. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I want to see the fight again. It's a hard one to call. Whenever Condit started stringing together punches or knees together, Hendricks would either return or go for the takedown. So Hendricks was never under real pressure. Likewise, Condit never looked in trouble on the ground....so I don't know. I've never been a fan of someone scoring points for take downs if they don't do anything on the ground.

18. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I've got goosebumps. This is gonna be amazing.

19. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Solid round by GSP. Total control. Could be a 10-8 round.

20. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Sam again. I'm surprised Nick wasn't more aggressive in the last minute (when he got up). GSP is being smart and staying out of any brawling.

21. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

GSP wins another round....but Nick caught him a few times near the end. He will need to watch he doesnt fall into a boxing game with Nick. It's the only area where he has a risk of getting caught.