UFC 168

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts' started by Dave76, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

All right everybody.......who ya got for this re match? Silva or Weidman?

I'm so mixed on this one. My gut tells me Silva is going to come out like we haven't seen in years and completely destroy Weidman......BUT! That's pretty much what I thought would happen the first time too, so hence my mixed feelings on this one. For everything that Silva has put into this, Weidman will also have lifted his game, leaving me with a great big fat 'I don't know' for this one....and oddly enough I kinda like that I really don't know who to pick.

So, tell me who ya got and why...

3. Void_Karateka

Void_Karateka Pauper Karateka

I'm also undecided. Silva dropped off the radar after his defeat last time. I'm a big Silva fan, I love a good showman but I just don't know. Either way it's gonna be a good UFC. I'm looking forward more to the Rousey vs. Tate fight. I just hope to see a nice long drawn out war, preferably standing.

4. Dave76

Hahaha.....um...yeah. I'm thinking that that will end by, gee I don't know, maybe an armbar:rolleyes:

Eric Dufurrena likes this.
  5. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

Silva without a doubt , he is the best there ever was and him screwing around got him knocked out, this time he will make an example of Chris

Sneaker likes this.
  6. Void_Karateka

Void_Karateka Pauper Karateka

Yeah predictable much? I'd like to see if Ronda can showcase her stand up game. Folks will get bored of her otherwise. Btw I just saw an Expendables 3 poster with Ronda in! Is everyone in UFC going to films now?

7. Jovan

Jovan Disciple

I think Silva, last fight Silva wasn't the same, if he fought that fight like he normally fights he obviously won.. Im looking forward to it :woot:

Sneaker likes this.
  8. Dave76

Me too, but I don't think she will and really why should she? Would you put your health and career on the line just to try and prove something to the world? I reckon she'll play around for a bit and then with 2 min to go in the 1st, take it to the ground and, well we all know what happens then don't we.
    upload_2013-12-25_1-31-46.jpeg :eek::inpain::dead:

But don't you think that Weidman will be taking that into account and making his game plan accordingly, probably trying to get it to the ground and dominate from on top?

9. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

I dunno Chris might try to prove that he can stand with Anderson again, Chris has great wrestling but Andersons Jits is very good so not sure he wants to stay there either and Anderson had rib injury going into Chael fight so will be different scenario than with that wrestler

10. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

I used to like Silva, and respect his innate abilities, but I no longer like him. He is an above average fighter, who uses mind games to keep his opponent off-balance, which, in my opinion, is an indicator that he is not actually all that good. Weidman said before their last fight that he didn't believe in the myth of Silva, and was going to prove it. And I believe Silva was in top form, and fought just as well as he ever had previously. It just didn't work.

Sneaker likes this.
  11. Dave76

He'll lose this time if he does. Anderson will be trying to make a point in stand up this time without a doubt. I sometimes forget how good Silva's ground game is, as obviously his stand up game is just a great collection of highlight reel moments. And I'm not so sure that Silva's ribs really were the problem against Sonnen as let's be honest, when the adrenaline starts pumping a couple sore ribs isn't even going to be noticeable to most people. No, I think Silva just wasn't fully prepared for Sonnen's wrestling. I honestly think that if Weidman is going to get the win this time, it'll be on the ground.

Not all that good!:wideyed: Now that's a big call.
    I've always taken mind games as part and parcel of MA. If I can win a fight before it even begins by screwing with the guys head, I'm going to do it, wouldn't you? Even in the pro leagues mental games are still necessary and from Andersons point of view, shouldn't his opponent come prepared for it and if not then clearly that guy just wasn't on his level.

Anyhow, you didn't actually say who you think will win:sneaky: did you.:p

Sneaker and Eric Dufurrena like this.
  12. Eric Dufurrena

Ok, I should have worded this better. He is an awesome fighter, but I think a lot of people think he is much better than he is, because of his ability to psyche out his opponents. I don't mind pre-fight talk and such but when they are bad in the ring it really disappoints me. It should be skill vs skill. But still, one of the best fighters ever, and he has an amazing skill at timing and being relaxed in the ring. He is a douche, though, and he always has an injury that he reports after every fight, that he supposedly had before the fight started. I think Weidman will win. And I hope he will, too. That guy has a great attitude, and is an amazing fighter, too.

Sneaker likes this.
  13. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

There are lots of great fighters in UFC

I enjoying watching these fighers because they are REALLY SMART-THINKING fighters :

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Benson-Henderson

http://www.ufc.com/fighter/Anderson-Silva

until at the very last few fights is getting too cocky which is totally turn-off and gonna lose easier !!!

so just stay excellent sportmanship and be a smart-thinking fighter

14. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

If you watch the documentary "like water" that was filmed before the Sonnen fight he has to sit out of practice and has to see a dr for his ribs prior to the fight, you also see him sitting with Noguera and telling him that he will submit Sonnen out of respect to him because of Sonnen disrespecting Nogueria as well as Jui jitsu

I dont like trash talking like Eric mentioned but I am all for screwing with people mentally, I do it all the time to make opponents doubt their abilities

haha I was just about to say "many a time a man beats himself before a fight" and I thought WAIT hold on dont post that hahahaa:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: looks way to dodgy

BUT you guys know what I mean, The doubt and mental strain can make a fighter lose before he even gets into the ring or cage

Eric Dufurrena and Dave76 like this.
  15. Dave76

I lost a lot of respect for Henson after the toothpick incident:confused::rolleyes:

Eric Dufurrena and Sneaker like this.
  16. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

I "like" yours because I didnt know that and thanks for the information. I lost my respect for Benson Henderson doing cocky craps

and expecting them to earn back the "better" respect and sportmanship

well, there is no need to investigating about it ...

I may/can understand why he did that ... I chewed a like 2 inches drinking straw to relaxing my acute stress way back in the past ... it helps and then it subsided ... I do not need it or do it anymore .... yeah.

17. Eric Dufurrena

It is funny when we refer to fighters as 'cocky', because it is a mindset they have to have in order to be where they are at. When you fight all the time, you have to believe you are the best, and you and everyone around has to keep talking you up, because as soon as you start saying 'maybe I'm not the best in the world', you aren't! Being cocky is one pass I give to professional fighters. Keeping your ego in check is a bit of a pain just sparring a couple times a week, with no real competition set in place, imagine how tough it would be when there is $100,000 on the line!

18. Dave76

Cocky sure, I agree with you, but having a toothpick in your mouth during a fight is just plain stupid.

Copy and paste from MMA convert.com -

Benson Henderson Confirms: Yes, I Did Have A Toothpick In During Fight With Nate Diaz
    UFC lightweight champion Benson Henderson initially played dumb when asked by Joe Rogan about a toothpick being in his mouth during his title defense with Nate Diaz at UFC on Fox 5.

However, when asked about it during the post-fight show on Fuel TV, Henderson could no longer deny the fact.

"It’s a bad habit of mine. I started doing it when I was younger, when I started wrestling in high school and college. My coach would just look at me and shake his head. I just kept doing it. It is what it is. I know one of these days I’ll probably choke on it, but hopefully I won’t choke and die."

Several pictures were posted online following Henderson’s win showing a toothpick hanging out of his mouth. “Smooth” constantly is seen with it during interviews, but this is the first time it has been caught on film during a match.

19. Dave76

Not long now!:D:D:D

[​IMG]
    UFC: Ultimate Fighting Championship
    Check out the highlights from the UFC 168 pre-fight press conference. Hear from main event fighters Chris Weidman and Anderson Silva, plus, Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate before their women's bantamweight title fight Saturday in Las Vegas and more! VIDEO: http://on.ufc.com/1cs9R8G
    [​IMG]

20. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

I am talking about DON'T be a SHOWOFF cocky as in showing and telling "I am f***ing better everybody and I can break you like a toothpick in a flash, b**ch" ...

No need to waste all those energy and I laugh quietly by watching/listening to them wasting lots of energy ... like BJ Penn ... he is really COOL and keeping COOL !

Exactly ... plain stupid ... I will NOT have that in my mouth if I am getting a hit

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  21. Dave76

Don 'The Predator' Fry giving us his predictions. ;)