uk goverment are idiots

Discussion in 'Healthy Eating & Nutrition' started by chris halkett, Jul 4, 2012.

1. chris halkett

chris halkett Warrior Monk

Hay have you guys livin in the uk seen that the goverment have passed a new law to put a 20% vat increase on sports nutrition drinks makes no sense charge pennys for all the junk food you can eat complaine that the health service is a mess with unhealthy people then make healthy people pay even more money to look asfter them selfs total idiots sorry for the rant guys but tottaly p****d of bout this

Aaron, arron butler and steve didino like this.
  3. steve didino

steve didino Disciple

i agree government has no idea

arron butler likes this.
  4. Sam Philpott

Sam Philpott Initiate

What?! When did this happen? I take it this includes protein shakes then?
    Typical, I was going to buy some next week as well lol. It doesnt make any sense at all.....just as you say Chris, junk food is so cheap yet they want a healthy nation, they have it backwards with the stupid pricing. How do they justify it?

arron butler likes this.
  5. steve didino

steve didino Disciple

just to make more money yet again

arron butler likes this.
  6. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

This is crazy. It was only the other month they were going to add more VAT to hot snacks but not cold snacks. Then everyone in the UK told them how stupid it was and asked at what point does a hot snack become cold etc. They eventually removed it.

No wonder people in the UK are getting fatter and fatter. It's so expensive to eat healthy.

arron butler and steve didino like this.
  7. steve didino

steve didino Disciple

8. Battodoka07

Battodoka07 Warrior Monk

It's was always ridiculous to me that instead of focusing on preventative care they'd rather deal with people after they become unhealthy.

9. Schubertdog

Schubertdog Shodan

It's true, here's the proof http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/budget2012/tiin-4825.pdf

It's just another sign of a government in panic, unfortunately I doubt if this latest tax will get enough publicity or people power behind it to get it revoked.
    Seems it was announced in April and comes into effect in October.

Hey Kevin, were not all getting fatter!

arron butler likes this.
  10. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I'm from the UK myself Schubertdog :)

Generally speaking, I would say that the general population has got a lot fatter over the last 15 years. Less exercise and bad diets are surely to blame for this.

Aaron and arron butler like this.
  11. Schubertdog

Schubertdog Shodan

It seems to be the case, too much watching Jeremy Kyle maybe instead of getting out and about.
    Adding VAT to anything and everything isn't helping either, costs more and more to buy the kit and food to train.

arron butler likes this.
  12. chris halkett

chris halkett Warrior Monk

Hay ye its protein shakes aswell happens in october unreal i tottal agree schubertdog wen that pie thing happened there was a massive out cry in every paper and news station but i wouldnt be surprised if this ends up in a tiny corner of the sun right beside who simon cowel is fistin this week

13. Sam Philpott

Sam Philpott Initiate

To many home comforts .....Bring back the old days from Gung Fu movies were you would train, eat, sleep and live in a Kwoon or Dojo upon a mat on the floor with a bucket for a toilet lol. But seriously, we are all used to easy living in general, our fitness suffers from convenience and laziness. To much is done for us....speaking of which, i'm sat in-front of the laptop on a cosey sofa. lol.

14. Sam Philpott

Sam Philpott Initiate

Guess i should stock up on the shakes now then...cant they tax sweets more or summin? A new higher confectionery tax...lol.

John rushton likes this.
  15. John rushton

John rushton Disciple

yeah it really does disgust me that sweets and such can be so cheap (and advertised to children for good measure) and then they widen the gap with this. Junk food kills more people than cigarettes and class a drugs and i think at the very least taxation on them should reflect this.

16. dmach

dmach Martial Archivest

You are not alone boys and unfortunately its not confined to the UK. Same thing happens in Australia where the Health food is more expensive than the Junk. :mad: Defies logic!!!

17. arron butler

arron butler Fist of Fury

This makes you laugh.They want you to eat healthy, but want you to pay more for it.Stupid Twats.When are they going to realise that people can NOT AFFORD TO EAT HEALTHY any more.Unless your an MP or WELL LOADED.They moan and tell us that the nation is becoming obese, and that we have to change our diet.People have no f..ing choice.Sorry for being a bit blunt.:mad:

18. arron butler

arron butler Fist of Fury

Sounds like the UK government are trying to kill us off with cheaper junk food, than having cheaper healthier food.But they are telling us were not eating healthy,and becoming obese.

19. Poochie

Poochie Initiate

arron butler likes this.