Updated Software

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Kevin, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Hey all,

Just a quick announcement to say that I have upgraded to the latest forum software. You may notice some small changes because of this. The most obvious change is the removal of the front news style portal on the home page.

I know that some people did like the news style on the home page, however my aim is to remove the number of add ons we are using. The reason being that third-party developers usually stop supporting them at one point, which can cause problems during updates.

Some add ons still remain. These are mostly essential add ons that stop spam etc.

Anyways, apologies for any inconvenience. Think the website was only down 5 minutes so it shouldn't have been too bad :)

Kevin

RJ Clark and DeeD like this.
  3. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

Awesome Thanks Kevin

RJ Clark likes this.
  4. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

That is fine with me, Kevin ... I like the old style version better so I can see all the latest posts on one big page ... then if i am looking specific something ... I look at the left side's categories ... or using search ... just like the old style version
    Will you add that old style theme into preference, please ?

5. pewart

pewart Improving but ... not there yet.

The mobile setting is quite good for removing the extra content. A bit bland but distractions minimised can not be a too bad thing.

6. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

There doesn't seem to be a good solution to this just now, but I'll look into it :)

Sneaker likes this.
  7. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Warrior Monk

Hey Kevin.
    I'm using a tablet. With that, is there a selection to post a pic from my photo gallery without having to type in a URL?
    Everything I try is requiring one in dialog box.

Thank you sir. Be well

Sneaker likes this.
  8. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

I have been having slow or no response in the past few days on here. Maybe it is bandwidth? My computer is lightning fast on all other sites, and when I click the Alerts link, it just does the loading bar, and sometimes after waiting for a few minutes it goes to the alert page, but mostly it just keeps thinking. Thought you might want to know.

Sneaker and Dave76 like this.
  9. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Are you using the normal design or Tapatalk?

I have logged in a few times the last few days and not seen any drop in speed. That obviously does not mean that it is not an issue. Has anyone else experienced this?

10. Eric Dufurrena

Maybe it has something to do with my security, though I haven't changed anything lately. It happens when I try to like a post, or check alerts. Also, trying to 'quote' takes about 20 seconds.

11. Eric Dufurrena

Maybe it has something to do with my security, though I haven't changed anything lately. It happens when I try to like a post, or check alerts. Also, trying to 'quote' takes about 20 seconds.

12. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

So, it's not just me! Yeah sorry Kev, something funny going on. On my mobile as well as laptop, a white bar across the top of screen appears stopping me from logging on easily and also as Eric pointed out, everything is slow. I double posted the other day getting impatient for my reply to load, so hit the reply button again and then there was the dble up. Been trying to delete one for two days now, thought it was just me.

13. Dave76

So, it's not just me! Yeah sorry Kev, something funny going on. On my mobile as well as laptop, a white bar across the top of screen appears stopping me from logging on easily and also as Eric pointed out, everything is slow. I double posted the other day getting impatient for my reply to load, so hit the reply button again and then there was the dble up. Been trying to delete one for two days now, thought it was just me.

14. Dave76

15. Dave76

16. Dave76

Like that......

17. Eric Dufurrena

haha happened to me too, I deleted them though!

18. Dave76

Trying....just getting impatient:mad:

19. Eric Dufurrena

here is a weird tip, if you are having issues getting your alerts to show by hovering, try hovering conversations next to it, then your name, followed by hovering alerts. It is working for me.

20. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

Hi Kevin, I am also having issues its extremely slow and for some reason it double posts probably because of latency between me clicking post and the actual upload, not sure whats going on even if i click like its almost like my page hangs :(

21. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Warrior Monk

Hey Kevin.
    No, I wasn't on tapatalk. Just tried it. Lmao......No thank you.
    But, the issues here still continue. Lots of lagging. As a matter of fact. I also noticed the forum no longer fits fully on my screen. It's actually smaller now.

Ah well. Blessed technology!!!