UPLOADING

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Deborah, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Can you show me how to upload stuff to The Forum?? PRETTY PLEASE:rolleyes: XxX

Ben likes this.
  3. Calm Barbarian

Calm Barbarian Samurai

Evening Deborah.
    For an image, I search for the image in google. Click on it. This shows the pic with it's website faded behind. To the right you should have an option to view 'Full Size Image'. This opens the pic unto white background. Copy the URL (the goobledegook starting with http://). When posting select the icon of a tree (insert/edit image). Found below and just to the right of the :) . Paste the URL.

With videos. Find vid. Copy URL and when posting select the film strip icon (media) and paste.

Let me know if this works. x

Deborah likes this.
  4. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Thanx gorguss, I'll give it a go sweetfart;)

Calm Barbarian likes this.
  5. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Thanks for posting the question here Deborah. It's easier to show you via screenshots but I can't do this via the profile area.

By default the reply area is at the bottom of the thread. The 'Upload a File' button is the middle button (to the right of 'Post Reply' and left of 'More Options').

upload-1.png

If you click on the 'More Options' button you are taking to a dedicated reply area. Again, the 'Upload a File' button is in the middle.

upload-2.png

After clicking the 'Upload a File' button, you can click on the files you want to upload. You can choose to insert images as thumbnails into your post or insert them as full images. If images are too large they will be scaled on the page and then expanded when a member clicks on the image.

If you upload two or more photos at the one time, you have the option of inserting all images as either a thumbnail or a full image.

upload-3.png
    After inserting the image you will see it in your post. The image can be removed from your post easily by the backspace button on your keyboard (i.e. the same as text). You can then insert it again if you wish. If you delete the image in the 'Attached Files' area though, you will need to upload the image again.

If you want to simply link to an image that is hosted elsewhere (i.e. not upload the file here), you can do that using the image icon in the post editor. It's the little picture icon with the tree net to the video and quote, code and quote icons :)

upload-4.png

Hope this helps. Let me know if you are unsure of any part of this :)

Kevin

6. Calm Barbarian

Calm Barbarian Samurai

I never knew that! Cheers Kevin.

Kevin likes this.
  7. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

:p

Deborah likes this.
  8. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Hahahahaaa, cheerz ma two wee fav sweetfarts. I really appreciate the help....and being a dumb blonde like myself I need all the help I can get:p:oops:

9. Calm Barbarian

Calm Barbarian Samurai

My farts aren't sweet. x:eek:

Deborah likes this.
  10. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

It's cool!! I've no sense of smell:DxxXXxx

Calm Barbarian likes this.
  11. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

AAAAAAAARRRGH WTF am I doin wrong, I hate being the only technophobe in the village....I'm away to bed in a huff:mad: try 2morra

12. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

I dunno how or what i did wrong Kev, maybe u can look at my post on the thread,pics

13. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Which specific post did you try and upload pics too?

Also, you don't have to quote posts every time. A quote will be used when you hit the reply button on a specific link. I'm going to change this text to quote as it's perhaps a little misleading. The general button for replying normally (i.e. without quotes) can be found at the bottom of every page.

14. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I saw the post you were referring to. You didn't have the correct image path for the images. Also, you were linking to images that don't allow hotlinking.