User Titles

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Kevin, Jul 4, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Underneath the username of members there is a space for a user title. These points are based on the number of trophy points you have. Points are awarded for lots of different things such as the number of posts you've made and the number of likes you've received.

At the moment the following user titles are awarded:
    • New Member: 0 Points
    • Member: 5 Points
    • Active Member: 55 Points
    • Well-Known Member: 45 Points
    They're kind of pointless but since we are looking at them all the time, I thought it could be worth changing them to something more relevant. Perhaps add a few more ranks to achieve.
    For example:
    • Grasshopper
    • Master
    • Ninja
    • etc
    Any suggestions?
    Kevin

3. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Haha! I was surprised when the trophies started popping up. I guess they're a nice thumbs-up for frequent contributors. I really like the idea of adding a bit of humor to it with the Grasshopper, Ninja, etc. Could add interesting trophies like an Insomniac award for contributing at all hours (I'd def get that, lol), Focused for X amount in one area, Eclectic for diverse responses, etc.

Blade Maker, Deborah and MT_Demers like this.
  4. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Yeah I agree it's not something that should be taken seriously.

Trophies can't be as specific as posting at night or one area etc. I can trophies for the following:
    • Trophies for reaching a certain post count
    • Trophies for reaching a certain number of likes
    • Trophies for having a certain message to post ratio (i.e. lots of likes compared to number of messages posted suggests each post was of a high quality and was liked by lots of members)
    • Trophies for members being registered for a certain length of time e.g. 6 months, 1 year etc

5. Bruce

Bruce Samurai

Personally I like your current system, "Grasshopper, Master, Ninja" whilst light seems a bit hockey to me.

Why not go with a belt ranking system?

But hey this is a forum, lets go with the majority

Deborah likes this.
  6. dmach

dmach Martial Archivest

Democracy at work!! I like it! But I am with Bruce that some of the titles seem a bit hokey... Not sure about Ninja outranking a Master, might give the Ninjas on the forums ideas :p. Mind if I have a go???

New Member - Initiate
    Member - Disciple
    Active Member - Warrior Monk
    Well Known Member - Samurai
    Moderator - Diaymo
    Administrator - Shogun

:cool:

Blade Maker and Deborah like this.
  7. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Hahahahaaaa Kev, that's a class idea....just like all of your other ideas, love, respect and smiles my fellow Scottish Warrior xxxxXXxxxx

8. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Heehee, Dan....yet another class idea!! Respects and smles xxxxXXxxxx

9. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Hahahaa, I beg to differ on that one!! I think I would win that award!! I am a total crazy insomniaco_O!! Respects and peace my martial friend xxxXXxxx

Kevin likes this.
  10. dmach

dmach Martial Archivest

What about a trophy for those who spend alot of time on here... The Get back to Training! trophy! :D

Bruce, Joe, Kevin and 1 other person like this.
  11. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Hoi Dan some of us are recovering from injuries!! Lotsa luv n respect my martial friend xxxxXXxxx

12. dmach

dmach Martial Archivest

That wasn't a dig at you my bonnie lass ;) xxx

Deborah likes this.
  13. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Hahahaaaaa, class Dan!! xxxxXXxxxx

14. All I can say is I'm appreciateive of the recognitions I've seemed to aquired participateing...I realy like the people I've met and I read the statements of others......These people have a great grasp of what they're talking about and of..=^_^=

Kevin likes this.
  15. Ben

Ben Master

How about,
    Begginer
    Student
    Master
    Shogun

:p

dmach likes this.
  16. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

haha I actually like that idea :)

We could create some funny trophies for when people reach ridiculous posting levels :)

Ben likes this.
  17. Ben

Ben Master

That's fantastic! :)

18. Blade Maker

Blade Maker Master

i vote for Dmachs ranking

dmach likes this.
  19. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

While it is funny, I really don't like Ninja being AFTER Master... that just isn't right... in so many ways. LMAO

20. Aaron Hutto

Aaron Hutto Master

Can we make it Grasshoppa instead?

21. Bruce

Bruce Samurai

ROTHFLMAO!

That title has to be added - Hmm on second thoughts if I'm not careful it might come my way one day