User Titles

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Kevin, Jul 4, 2012.

1. WonderingFist

WonderingFist Disciple of Mind

I'm seeing a lot of japanese-esque options around, not that I have anything specifically wrong with that, but wouldn't you be able to do something a little more inclusive to other martial arts around the world?

2. I chose title that of "student"coz I'm always learnning despite being disabled...:)In no way do I wish to not include other "asian" type arts,so much can be potiencialy learned from all:)

3. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Surely Ninja trumps all!! :p

4. As with us all,hehehe....we all have our personal tastes an preferences....By no means it that ment to take away from or diminish anyone elses.Each unquie in wealth of knowlage as well experiances should one be fortunate or given a chance to experiance.This is a rare sight I take nothing for granted and fortunate to get these chances to see into "real"worlds of authentic artists who openly share thier worlds if one is fortunate to share in these,rei.

5. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Agreed. Any suggestions as to what other names/words we can incorporate?

6. Sir,I would be glad to...ur adminn after all....

7. WonderingFist

Well, how many options are you actually looking for?

8. I ment no disrespect to adminn.Plz forgive my shortsightedness...

9. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Funny, this thread made me think of the old Dungeons and Dragons game... character class Monk:
    Novice, Initiate, Brother, Disciple, Immaculate, Master, Superior Master, Master of Dragons, Master of Winds (4), Master of Seasons (4), Master of Flowers...

LMAO... the geek coming out in me.

10. Geeks are frosty(kewl)

11. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

In my opinion, Dmach's suggestion has been the best so far. Do you think grasshoppa, master and ninja would work with Dmach's idea. For example:

Brand New - Initiate
    Newish Member - Grasshoppa
    Member - Disciple
    Active Member - Warrior Monk
    Well Known Member - Samurai
    Experienced Member - Master
    Veteran Member - Ninja

Moderator - Daimyo
    Administrator - Shogun

12. WonderingFist

Would be able to choose our title out of a couple of options once you surpass Warrior Monk?

You have other ideas like Abbot, Guru and so forth....
    Personally, I'd rather 'Abbot' than 'Ninja'.

Especially considering Ninja's (in history at least) don't have a great assassination record. They were great killers and nuts pyromaniacs, but as far as high profile assassinations - you know, what they're legendary for - they've failed it.

...and I've seen Wudang Abbots do ridiculous things :p

13. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I'm happy to let all members change their user title as it's kind of pointless in my eyes anyways. Though I thought it would be worth changing the default names seeing as we see them all the time.

Originally I was unsure if I could let users change their user title but I just found the settings are in which you can do so, therefore I have changed the settings so that regular members can change their user title. You should be able to do this in the profile area.

Those who don't like the default user titles can change theirs. :)

WonderingFist likes this.
  14. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

If you want to change your user title, simply go to your personal details page. You will find the custom title field underneath the avatar section. Simply add a custom title there and click the save button.

custom-title.png