We are all terrorists

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pedro, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

Do you remember the cop who got famous for pepper spraying students right on the face on california?
    Of course you do, it even became a meme.
    What you probably don't (and won't) know from any worldwide news source is about the protests in Brasil that are happening right now.
    [​IMG]
    Let me give you some context.
    Almost every year bus fairs are increased in at least 10%. Every year we have protests on the streets....Nothing happens. But in the last few years our beloved country has been elected to host the 2014 FIFA World Cup and 2016 Olympic Games (YAY!!!----not) and acts of pacific protests are now seen with different eyes from the government.

So June came, and along with the winter the fairs were raised. And the people went to the streets.
    But the biggest problem now isn't the high price of the bus, it's the police. As it was discussed by Locutus here https://www.blackbeltforums.com/threads/a-question-about-police-violence.1681/#post-28313
    the police is overreacting a little bit to the protests.

This is a press guy just filming the protest on the streets of São Paulo.
    [​IMG]

The press has the right to film what the hell ever they want in public places, it's in the constitution.

But they have to keep it clean for the World Cup.

And it gets worse..

The people in the video are shouting 'NO VIOLENCE' and clapping their hands on the sideways. The streets are clear, they are just shouting.

I could show moles of videos and pics about the police abuses, but you got the picture.
    This is making me feel extremely sad and impotent. Two friends of mine were arrested for being on the streets, and today, while I was at TKD practice, one of them got shot on the nuts by a cop with a rubber bullet (it's sad, but i'll have to make fun of him.. anyway...)
    Using special tactics police to contain pacific protesters, in my opinion is at least non human. This unit of the police doesn't prepare itself like this not even to go up in the shanty towns to fight the drug dealers war.

If you see someone getting beat up on the streets, what's the first thing you think? I'ma call the police
    What if is the police beating the people up just for being around the protest? Who do you call? Chapolin Colorado?

You can't imagine how powerless this makes the population feel.. specially, imagine you almighty blackbelts trained in war (martial) arts and not being able to do anything about this injustice.
    And worse, wether nothing is shown on the news or they are distorting the facts like saying that the police is being attacked by vandals while they compliment th activists in Turkey for the pacific protests.

Anyway, I'm mad, I'm pissed, I'm sad and I just wrote this here because I'm taking TOEFL next week and need to train my writing skills.
    I just wished we had someone like this guy and even some cops like these, that at least listened to the guy and admitted, in a way, that they were wrong.

I feel for these cops' families, I can't immagine how bad i'd be if i had a son in the police doing this shit...

Vldz and SifuPhil like this.
  2. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

That's what happens when a government becomes stronger than the people it supposedly serves. The same thing happens here, but it currently isn't at the same level as your troubles. We've had our times, though - the most recent being the Occupy Wall Street movement.

World Cup / Olympic events always bring out the insanity in the so-called "protective" forces - look at what London recently did, forcing people to change their daily routines, cutting off access to public areas and even shutting down businesses that dared to use the Olympic logo in their advertising.

I think Master Fahey will be along shortly to explain the police's justification. ;):D

Pedro and dmach like this.
  3. Locutus

Locutus Your fight is futile, my hands are pounding you!

I feel for you Pedro, things are still at a boiling point here in Turkey any day there is going to be a massive police movement I doubt any country has ever seen when police are going to try and remove twenty plus thousand protesters from one park, not to mention the other ten cities also protesting.

However, I am afraid that your country is at a stage that Turkey was at a couple of years ago and it could escalate to the situation Turkey is in today. I hope that does not happen.

Pedro likes this.
  4. dmach

dmach Martial Archivest

So not looking forward to the G-20 summit being held in Brisbane next year. :(

Sabomnim Dan likes this.
  5. Gone

Gone Guest

I have nothing to say.

6. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Whether you believe in it or not, this is a driver as to why NRA membership exceeds 5 million in the USA.

Generally... Fear, and an understanding of history and an attempt to maintain a balance of control w/ a non-"impotent" response if necessary... can be quite a driver.
    Systems of checks and balances have many forms.
    The government of the people and for the people should always be in a position of "fear" of doing things wrong to the people.
    Normally, the balance should be nice enough that this is voting them out of office...
    The extreme other side is fear of revolution... because that means the government is out of control and no longer of and for the people.

Vldz, Mr.Bond and SifuPhil like this.
  7. SifuPhil

Totally agree.

My take on the NRA though is that IF I owned a firearm I doubt I would want to have my name in their files, if only because of my paranoia of having those files inspected by the very government that I am protecting myself against. The licensing procedure is bad enough from an information-access viewpoint, so theoretically your best bet is to buy only black-market guns with no numbers, no names, cash-on-the-barrel-head.

Theoretically speaking, of course ... :whistle:

I see a very basic problem with the election system. You mention "voting them out of office" but that's a bit of a misnomer. We don't really vote THEM out of office - we vote somebody else IN.

All we're doing is perpetuating the system. We're replacing one overlord with another, one crook with a worse one. We're so psychotic as a society, so conditioned, that we think we're doing the right thing, and so delusional that we believe the system works. Buddha forbid anyone speaks out against that system, though, because then the Commie / Anti-Patriot label is slapped on them.

Vldz, Mr.Bond and Caneman like this.
  8. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Well... NRA membership is simply sending them money and them sending you a membership card (i.e. - you support the lobby to protect ownership rights... but with all things sometimes to a fault with extremes... as in all "representational support")... they don't track any ownership... but if I were a subversive government, yes I would assume that the membership list would be gun owners to a 99.999% (5 9's).

Agree... one of the biggest problems we have... we don't ever seem to be able to "UN-CREATE"... laws, offices, positions, programs... all other leeching systems draining the intent our founders laid out.

SifuPhil likes this.
  9. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Well in the US, the IRS targets people because of what they "think", because they teach the Constitution, the same one that the President vows to protect against foreign and domestic enemies, and because they want less waste and a smaller government so that the above quoted does not happen.

We need term limits here urgently!

In Turkey, the problem is that an elected Islamist government is doing what non democratic Islamist governments do all the time. In Brazil, and I have been there muito, lembro cuando the exchange rate would change daily on the hotel lobby, they are really going against their nature. What happened to Bossa Nova, Jobim and a cold Brahma Chop in Copacabana on a weekend afternoon when they close the Ave. Atlantica to taffic?
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]C

Chick on the phone- Brazil before. Fat lady- Brazil now.

10. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

[​IMG]Happy father's Day....The end.

11. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Man I was typing a hell of a story concerning about 100 Brazilian models at the Caesar Park Hotel in Sao Paolo, and I lost it all.....

12. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

I just got back from the Maracanã Stadium where was happening a game, Italy vs Mexico.
    Of course I wasn't watching the game, the cheapest ticket was like 400R$. Anyway...
    We did another manifestation and everything was ok, we even 'asked permission' to the chief of the regional police to do our pacific protest, and they were cool about it.
    But their coolness didn't last very long. Just 15 minutes after the people that were going to watch the game got into the stadium the special police force arrived and surrounded us. The only exits were the Quinta da Boa Vista Park, a wide natural park nearby, and the subway station.

Fortunately I chose the subway station.

A narrow path full of cops (regular ones) and for almost 2000 ppl to pass through.
    [​IMG]

This is me in black holding the white sign that says "You'll see thy son won't flee the fight" a passage of our national anthem.
    Which was a little bit hipocritycal of me, because the moment they started throwing tear gas granades and shooting at us, I was the first one to run away

Then I got home safe and sound, but the people who chose to go to the parke and hide there made a bad decision. Lucky me I had my chemistry lab glasses on...
    The special forces closed all the entrances of the park and trapped the people there. The two radio stations that were transmitting the protest and the online city cameras were shut down, so nobody would see the police trapping the people there. The thing is that there weren't only protestants there, many families spend their afternoons in this park, with children and old people. Everyone was kdnapped by our own police and now they are NEGOTIATING their release... like a real kidnap.

There was even a birthday party at the park when they started throwing the gas bombs inside.

if you try to listen to the online radio station a recorded voice says "If you want to listen to the game click on the green flag. If not, just wait until our broadcast returns to the normal THIS SUSPENSION IS A DEMAND FROM FIFA".

I'm very happy to see international help and motivation though, but until the end of the olympic games, I don't think this situation is gonna change

SifuPhil likes this.
  13. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

Fathers' day in Brasil is in August :/

14. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Yeah, but in the US is today....

15. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

I think its just in Brasil and a couple of other countries that isn't today

16. SifuPhil

Pedro, that's quite a story. I'm glad you're okay.

Amazing how they could cut off all the broadcasting like that - I think that's going to be the next step here in the U.S. They'll substitute some grinning, bosomy gal telling us about the county fair while the citizens are being detained, beaten and worse.

The sad thing is, I think most of the people will just go along with it.

Pedro likes this.
  17. Locutus

In Turkey they are using penguin documentary's and cooking shows. Any stations that don't do that are fined and/or shut down.

Pedro and SifuPhil like this.
  18. SifuPhil

Maybe if they showed penguins being cooked the people would wake up ...

Mr.Bond likes this.
  19. Locutus

If only!

SifuPhil likes this.
  20. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

You were there for protest, not armed conflict. You will now be there to protest another day.

Dave76, Pedro and SifuPhil like this.