We Need Moderators

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Kevin, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Ben

Ben Master

PKC?

Blade Maker likes this.
  2. Blade Maker

Blade Maker Master

Professional Karate Comission, It's an american competition organization... Some times they show Highlights on ESPN2

Ben likes this.
  3. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

Personally, I found the whole thing to be highly entertaining. I didn't have him pegged as a troll initially (I thought it was a distinct possibility, but figured in the end that he was most likely an idiot) until he started posting about creating his own art that couldn't be defeated, how he was better than Bruce Lee, etc. I freely admit to fanning the flames and egging him on. I probably shouldn't have done that, but temptation got the better of me and I couldn't help it.

That said, I completely understand your decision to ban him. Trolls are generally disruptive to a forum. You have to understand that I came from an MMA/BJJ forum that no longer exists where skilled trolling was highly prized and well-respected. Although most of us on that forum first met via the internet, we had been together for many many years and over the years had gotten a chance to meet many other forum members IRL, including meeting up before UFC fights and after major BJJ tournaments (or sometimes meeting on the mat). I realize that was a VERY different type of forum than this one is, so I probably shouldn't have egged Derek on like I did. Heck, we would occasionally join other forums just to troll them (not just MA related forums, other types too).

Anyway, I know I am often blunt on here and sometimes say my piece in a no-bullshit somewhat brusque way at times that may rankle some of your sensibilities or occasionally offend. For that I won't apologize. That's just who I am... IRL and on the Internet. But I do apologize for intentionally trying to wind Derek up.

Kevin, Deborah and Blade Maker like this.
  4. Ben

Ben Master

I'll look out for it on that channel. I've been wanting to watch MA tournaments but I can't find anything that isn't UFC or MMA. (No offense to anyone that like UFC or practices MMA, they just don't have what I look for in Martial Arts tournaments :p)

Blade Maker likes this.
  5. Enkidu

Do they have Kyokushin matches there?

Blade Maker likes this.
  6. Ben

Ben Master

It's always possible to keep to no-bullshit and keep un-offensive. And I respect trolling, but challenging strangers you've met over the internet, claiming to be better then the most hailed martial art legend in the world, and claiming to invent an "un-beatable" style, that's not trolling, that's being a douche :p

And I have seen your posts. I respect your direct approach :)

Deborah and Blade Maker like this.
  7. Blade Maker

Blade Maker Master

the stuff that gets aired is creative breaking and creative/team forms set to music, the forms often times include okinawan weapons too, that is usually neat to watch.

Ben likes this.
  8. Ben

Ben Master

Once again I'll look out for it :)

Blade Maker likes this.
  9. Blade Maker

Blade Maker Master

if you mean full contact continuous kumite, then yes, if you mean with out pads, then no... The KB at night on the last evening is usually brutal though, they have kick counts (30/ round) and i think it's full 12 round matches...

Enkidu likes this.
  10. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

I don't know much of Derek's history, as I'm new here. But with a bit of patience there seemed to be a huge return in progress for him last night and he started having discussions rather than arguments. Perhaps everyone is fed up with him and want him to remain banned, but I would ask that he be given another chance. Kevin, as admin you could send him a message essentially saying he's on probation and to dial it down a notch (or ten).

Deborah, Aaron and Blade Maker like this.
  11. Enkidu

You missed the part where it turned out that Derek's IP address didn't match up with where he claimed he lived (Indianapolis, Indiana). It was traced to a non-English speaking country. Yeah, "Derek" was a made-up personality for the purpose of trolling. I note that he is "calling me out" on the BBF facebook page... probably went there after he got banned from here.

Blade Maker and Ben like this.
  12. Ben

Ben Master

who traced his IP?

Blade Maker likes this.
  13. Enkidu

Oh, BTW, Derek's "history" isn't a long one. The first time I noticed him was on the "kung fu?" thread. Heck, my history on this forum is only a couple weeks. His was maybe less than a week.

14. Enkidu

Our fearless leader -- Kevin.

15. Ben

Ben Master

*with awe and wonder* Kevin... :p

Blade Maker and Deborah like this.
  16. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Ahhh, I finally went to bed and did miss that part. Very well then, I did my best to help guide him back on a better path. On a side note, I don't necessarily like trolling behavior, but sometimes it adds some needed fire to a conversation and helps others think outside the box. He obviously pushed beyond acceptable limits for that tho.

Deborah likes this.
  17. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Oooooft...you guys, I'm blushing now........all my love, peace and respects to you Ben and Adam:D:p:pxxxXXXxxx

Ben and Blade Maker like this.
  18. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Our Scottish Warrior may I add....:p:p love n respects xXx

Ben and Blade Maker like this.
  19. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

I agree R J, I think Kev could have a word with him.....everyone deserves a second chance. Even though he hassled me non stop on here and on FB I would forgive his actions.......respects and peace my martial friend!! xxXXxxXXxx

Blade Maker likes this.
  20. Andy Homer

Andy Homer Disciple

Although Derek was a dickhead I found it quite entertaining reading you guys rip him to shreds on here, but I do agree a certain amount of moderation is needed to prevent people being abused and going 'Off topic' to much :) P.S. I think derek should have his own 'Enter the Dojo' style show on YouTube !!! :)

Kevin, Blade Maker and Enkidu like this.