We Need Moderators

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Kevin, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

No need to apologise guys. I must admit I found some of his comments funny too due to how silly they were. I initially argued back with him too which didn't help matters. I don't mind members who have a bit of a joke though he went over the line in one or two posts and I really can't let that kind of thing slide.

@BHRobin - I'll definitely be helping any members who help with moderation with guidelines etc :)

@Endiku - I totally understand what you mean. I browse Sherdog every now and then and when a troll posts inflammatory comments the response is usually 'good effort'. I run MMA Forums and although the forum has little activity so far, I suspect it will have more people trying to take the piss etc. I think aggressive comments towards other members is rarely welcome on any forum though.

@RJ - I was going to just message him privately first and ask him to tone his aggressive behaviour on the forums. He then made this post and this post - in my opinion he crossed the line. There comes a point where moderation won't really help as the member doesn't care about being part of the community.

So far Ben and Blade Maker have put their names forward and Wondering Fist, SifuPhil and Deborah have also been suggested. I'd still like to stick with two moderators for the time being and then bring another one in as the forum grows.

Thanks for everyone for providing feedback on this :)

2. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

I would be honoured if you considered me but i am a total technophobe as you know Kev.....respects sweetfart XXxxXX

Blade Maker likes this.
  3. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Wow, I'd only seen a limited amount of his posts. They weren't completely unhinged as those you linked. Perfectly understandable why he was banned.

Kevin, Blade Maker and Deborah like this.
  4. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

I thank all the people that suggested me ("You love me! Your really love me!" :D) but Kevin, I'm afraid with my schedule right now I wouldn't be able to do justice to the position. I put my vote in for Ben and Blade.

Deborah and Kevin like this.
  5. arron butler

arron butler Fist of Fury

Where is this Derek from.I do not think that he is a martial artist.He just might be some hoodlum that just got on here to stir something up.Obviously he is NOT one of us.lol

Deborah likes this.
  6. arron butler

arron butler Fist of Fury

Oh and i think that Sifu phil and Ian white would make good moderators.And Deb as she is a lady.

7. BHRobin

BHRobin Disciple

All those suggested would be good, depending on who could do it.

Deborah likes this.
  8. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Hahahaa, true B H Robin. true....respects my martial friend xxXXxx

9. BHRobin

BHRobin Disciple

While I respect, and admire, those who called for Derek to get another chance, I would say no. I look at it this way: If a child acted like Derek did in our class, he would be pulled aside, talked to, and his parents would be told that he was on thin ice if not kicked out. For youth, you can be a little nicer sometimes, everyone needs to grow up and make mistakes. But an adult, as Derek supposedly was? First time he challenged someone to a fight in an argument - even one that got heated - that would be it, gone, turn in belt and don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya. That attitude violates pretty much everything that martial arts should be.

Derek may be an awesome fighter, and while I sincerely doubt he's done as much as he claimed and invented, it's still possible he's done more than I have. Hell, he's probably a better fighter than I am. But he is an abysmal martial artist and IMHO not much better as a human being. I only hope we caught him on a bad day and he's not this awful in real life.

Deborah likes this.
  10. BHRobin

BHRobin Disciple

And much respect back to you, ma'am.

Deborah likes this.
  11. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Ooooft thankyou Sir xxXXxx:D

12. BHRobin

BHRobin Disciple

Um, just to be clear...I am not an instructor. I am an instructor trainee and hope to test for full instructor in about half a year or so, but if I gave an aura of 'here's how >I< would have done it in >MY< class' I was wrong. I do think, though, that this is how things would happen in our class with our instructor should something like that happen.

We now continue with our regular broadcast...;)

Deborah likes this.
  13. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Yes, yes Sifu Phil...I love you, I just don't like you is all!! Teeeheeee wee joke....respects, big belly laffs and smiles my favourite verbal sparring partner:D XXxxXXxxXX

SifuPhil and Ben like this.
  14. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

:D;)!! xxXXxxXXxx

15. Ben

Ben Master

See? :p

Deborah likes this.
  16. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

;)!!:p:pxxxXXxxx

17. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

I would have included YOUR name on the short-list, my dear, but seeing as how you're a gurl and all ... :p:D

[​IMG]

Mars May Need Women but BlackBeltForum Needs Moderators!

Deborah likes this.
  18. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Ooooft you cheeky sh**!! I will have you know I have bigger b**** than all of ya put together you cheeky boy:mad:! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR......respects my evil verbal sparring partner:DxxXXxx

Ben likes this.
  19. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

HOI SIFU PHIL:mad:(with respects of course) Are you hiding from your rival verbal sparring partner........scared are we?:eek: MWAHAHAHAHAAAAAAARGH xxXXxx

SifuPhil likes this.
  20. Let me know as I am a moderator on Wing Lams forum as well as being a Baguazhang teacher with over 35 years of training under his belt.