What foods do you boost up on?

Discussion in 'Healthy Eating & Nutrition' started by angie828, Jun 12, 2012.

1. angie828

angie828 Disciple

What foods do you boost up on when you are sick? I love to increase my intake of orange juice for the vitamin C. And I also increase my water supply to flush toxins out of my body. How about you?

Deborah likes this.
  3. Calm Barbarian

Calm Barbarian Samurai

Evening Angie. I would go with foods containing protein as it helps prevent loss of muscle and helps in maintaining fluid. Both things are important to help your body heal. If you're unlucky enough to be a vegetarian, I believe beans and nuts are good. The experts say it's of great importance not to lose your appetite.

Deborah likes this.
  4. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Hiya Angie huuni!! When I'm sick I take hot water and lemon, like you I take more fresh orange juice,(not hard I loooove fresh orange) I also buy Eccinacha, please excuse the spelling, it is a homeopathic remedy. I also like a lot of protien. As Calm Barbarian said it is vital in the healing process. Ooooft I love salmon and all types of fish and love chicken..........Sorry Angie I'm rabbling on! All my loove and respects XXxxXXxxXX

5. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

Unlucky enough ?!? :confused: I'd love to hear your reasoning behind this ... :D

And what if your illness is predicated upon taking in too much protein? What then?

Deborah likes this.
  6. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Well my fav verbal sparring partner I would simply decrease the intake of protien (if that was aimed at me!):pxxxxXxxxx love n respects as ever Phil

7. MadoreGojuRyu

MadoreGojuRyu Master

peanut butter and honey are a big one for me. peanut butter gets a bad rap but its actually very good for you. honey of course is in the super food group so thats a given. bananas also.....so yeah, you see where I went with this....I love peanut butter, banana and honey sandwiches with a big glass of milk

Aaron likes this.
  8. Calm Barbarian

Calm Barbarian Samurai

Hey sifuphil. There is no reasoning behind the vegetarian statement I just think its unlucky some folk dont eat meat. All its benefits, like fruit, cannot be squeezed into a supplement.
    If the illness is predicted id get it certified and then follow through the doctors orders.

Deborah likes this.
  9. Aaron

Aaron Shadow Warrior

Apples, sweet potato, garlic (raw), oranges, turkey soup, vegetable soup, boiled water that gets to room temp, green tea, and honey and peanut butter sandwiches:) ( I don't care what the studies say, I love peanut butter).

Deborah likes this.
  10. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

Many, many times over the years upon learning that I consider myself a Taoist people will say "Oh, so you're a vegetarian!". They look a bit crestfallen when I tell them no, not at all, and go on to explain that you need a balance of Yin and Yang in your foods as well as in everything else. ;)

I just asked because I wanted to be sure that you understood that too much protein can be just as dangerous as too little - it can lead to kidney failure, among other illnesses.

Aaron and Deborah like this.
  11. Calm Barbarian

Calm Barbarian Samurai

Couldn't agree more.

Aaron and Deborah like this.
  12. mazymake325125

mazymake325125 Initiate

same thing i do that you saying

13. JFawkes

JFawkes Initiate

I love my greens supplement. It's called Chocolate Silk, tastes amazing and is packed with nutrients. It's also very cheap online. I mix it with milk for calories and protein- I'm a natural ectomorph with no appetite even when not sick, so adding in reasonably healthy liquid calories helps me a lot.

14. AwkwardKarate

AwkwardKarate Initiate

I really like the detoxifier juice from Glow Bio. It has a lot of vitamin C in it and I feel a lot better whenever I drink it.