WHAT IS KARATE ?

Discussion in 'Self Defense' started by MUHAMMAD FARHAN, Mar 17, 2013.

1. MUHAMMAD FARHAN

MUHAMMAD FARHAN Initiate

SIMPLY KARATE IS A PROGRAMME ITS SELF DEFENCE WILL SAVE YOU FROM HARM AND IF ANY BODY WANTS TO HARM YOU IF YOU KNOW SELF DEFENCE YOU WILL ABLE TO BLOCK HIM AND CONTROL HIM KARATE IS NOT ONLY A GAME IT IS A PROGRAMME DON'T THINK THAT KARATE IS ONLY A GAME IF YOU THINK BY HEART KARATE WILL MAKE YOUR LIFE . THANK YOU

2. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

oi?

RJ Clark likes this.
  3. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Huh?:confused:

RJ Clark likes this.
  4. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

O'kay then. Glad we cleared that up.

Karate may not be a game, but it did make for some great ones.

Caneman likes this.
  5. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Oh and by the way, I think your caps lock is on;)

6. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

Karate is a way of life, if you will. It is a frame of mind. An attitude in doing, not watching. When you have done Karate for long enough, it becomes an obsession. Not necessarily bad, but an obsession nonetheless. I see that English is not your main language, but what I think you are trying to convey is the spiritual side of traditional martial arts that exists even though people think it is just a self-defense system. Welcome to BBF, make sure you post in new members and tell us about yourself!

7. Gone

Gone Guest

If that is Karate, then what are all the other martial arts? :S

8. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

For a moment, I was going to argue with the fact that it was an obsession... stating that it could be a way of life without being an obsession...
    But, I give up... every way I evaluate it, you are right.

9. Eric Dufurrena

The same, with less Japanese words.

Aaron, Alice Okasan, Vldz and 3 others like this.
  10. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Def: "Karate": Informal American slang for any martial art.

Aaron, arron butler, Angel and 3 others like this.
  11. ricky

ricky Initiate

karate-jiu jitsu-tae kwon do-wrestling-sambo-brazilian jiu jitsu-and so on i myself like to pick from each art i know about 10% of each art to use in self-defence and use what works for me, you dont use everything you were tough in any martial art sometimes a fight will end in 17 seconds on average with a block and a punch or just a punch if anything i try not to get into a fight thats street smarts please comment thank you

12. Vldz

Vldz Warrior Monk

I much prefer factual answer rather than subjective one. Here's one.

Karate:

Okinawan Martial art that was developed in-house by Okinawan while having some influences of Chinese Martial Arts (Kung-Fu).

Originally Karate means Chinese Hand (a nod to their Chinese influence) although it is known that Karate was also influenced by Japanese Martial Arts such as JuJitsu after Okinawa was made part of Japan by the Satsuma Clan.

In the earlier days, there were three main Karate styles: Naha-Te, Tomari-Te, and Shuri-Te and these evolved into many styles that we see today.

Gichin Funakoshi from the Shuri-Te system went to Japan and managed to popularise Karate in Japan and then the name Karate changed it's meaning from Chinese Hand into Empty Hand.

13. Master Fahy

Master Fahy Samurai

It is a title of a book by Mas Oyama! Master Fahy

14. The Little Lion

The Little Lion Hard Wing Chun - The Music Of Bones

I do like karate as a martial art but this always makes me laugh...

15. Angel

Angel karateka

karate is a way of life for every karatekas in the world ive been practicing karate for about 4 years now.....and im using it as my base martial arts in MMA cause im also a MMA fighter. But always remember karate is not really about hurting others but its always about self discipline were its main goal is self perfection , the perfection of character of our own self`s and other individuals that practice karate all around the globe.........GODBLESS all karatekas and all martial artist in the world......have a nice day thank you for reading....

16. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

How effective do you find your style of Karate in an mma enviroment, if you do which aspects and if not what are you experiencing as its challenging areas

17. Eric Dufurrena

I use some traditional techniques within my sparring, which is Muay Thai/boxing based. Front kicks and side kick/spinning back kicks mostly, plus I move differently than the other guys. However, I have been studying traditional arts for 30 years, so I have more practice than most. I only know of 1 or 2 other guys who are able to incorporate their traditional techniques, and they have been studying for at least 10 years, too. All the less experienced guys get overwhelmed way to easy.

Vldz and DeeD like this.
  18. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

THIS is Karate

Vldz likes this.
  19. Angel

Angel karateka

Its effective shotokan karate in MMA cause no disrespect , but much fighters now went crazy practicing muay thai which is good but at my point of view muay thai style is based of one hit knock like kyokoushin karate they forgot that fighter are not punching bags that wont hit back ..... like example my last fight my opponent likes to kick low all the time so what i did is i give my leg so he`l go for a low kick again then i countered by using a lunge punch reverse punch to the face which K.O the guy ...... they rely to much in power and strength not in technique and speed , while in shotokan we practice both speed and strength which creates power with technique evasion and counter ...... which is good to avoid much damage and pressure.....thank you for reading and Godbless always ^_^

20. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Do you have any of your fights on video that you could share with us? You seem to brag a lot about your fights. I would love to see some of these 1 hit KO's. Or perhaps the 5 guys that jumped you and how you made it out with all the groin kicking and stuff. With all the fights you seem to get into, I'm sure at least 1 of them were on some sort of video.. care to share with us? I'm sure we could all definitely learn from such a skilled fighter like yourself.

Pedro likes this.