What Is Your Number 1 Self Defense Tip?

Discussion in 'Self Defense' started by Kevin, Jun 2, 2012.

1. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Warrior Monk

We live in three dimensional world : Height, Width and Depth. The more of these "dimensional zones" you control on your opponent, the more of him you own. Control all 3 and you own him completely.

2. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Only 3 dimensions!? You forget about the "wizards of chi". I wonder if this guy is related to Benny Hinn.

RJ Clark likes this.
  3. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Warrior Monk

Chi?!?!? Sorry but you may want to sit down for this.......Santa Claus doesn't relly exist!!! :confused:

4. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Actually, St. Nick did... but these bozos... reminds me of the Queen of England quote:

5. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Warrior Monk

Welcome to the jungle baby!!!

6. damon

damon Initiate

say it any so

7. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Warrior Monk

Nope. Shot his fat ass years ago!!!

8. damon

damon Initiate

9. Jovan

Jovan Disciple

if you can't win, just BITE, I know a short kid that got attacked by an much longer person and he bited him in his neck... That is a bit too dangerous but seriously if you can't win the fight you always can bite your opponent in his shoulder or something.

Pedro likes this.
  10. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

Self defence goes way furhter than martial arts. First option should be avoiding a fight, than if not possible, fighting dirty, like biting necks, gouging eyes, kicking balls....even biting the attackers penis... One has to become an animal to pull that off

Jovan likes this.
  11. Vldz

Vldz Warrior Monk

Awareness and aggression management.

12. Tuan

Tuan Initiate

Be me.

13. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

That question: "What is your number one defense tip?" Keeps rolling through my head...
    I would say, the best way to end a fight is to decapitate your enemy. I do mean that literally.

OK, dry humor aside... oh, wait that is an attack, not a defense.
    One word: position.
    Position your hands: Get your hands up, protect your head.
    Position you feet: For stand up and movement, to prevent take down, to wrap guard or get good base, etc if you go down.
    I could go on with this for the entire anatomy... shoulders, hips, hands, head, elbows...
    Position.
    Of course to maintain position, it assumes you are paying attention to everything around you (awareness) and applying that to position.

14. I live in an environment you may say there is "survival of fittest", here criminals don't just show weapons but stab or fire on you if you react. So I teach my students to avoid fight, only goal should be release from grab, hit on vulnerable point & run away. Also practice more & more to disarm & disable the guy with weapons.

Pedro and Judah like this.
  15. Kuyaken

Kuyaken Karate for the streets not just for trophies

POPULAR THREAD

I always say "legs for legs; hands for hands"

in other words keep your kicks to no higher than the thighs, block any low kicks with your own legs/shins and block and strike with your hands for upper body and groin etc only.

Void_Karateka likes this.
  16. Vidadi

Vidadi www.jkd.az

#1 Avoid the Fighting
    here is some video from our training, if you like, please, subscribe to our channel: