What MMA Podcasts Do You Listen To?

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts' started by Kevin, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I used to subscribe to a few different sports podcasts, however I recently removed most of them from my iPad. The only one I regularly listen to now is the ESPN UFC Podcast with Gareth A Davies, Ben Blackmore and Chris Park.

It's a great show. They do regular calls with fighters and they analyse shows before and after events. The only downside is that they don't actively cover other organisations, though they do talk about organisations regularly when referring to fighters previous fights. They're all clearly big fight fans.

Are there any other good MMA (or martial arts) podcasts out there worth listening to?

Kev

3. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

MMAOddscast - For betting on the fights. Lots of insight to the fighters,camps,etc. Even if you don't bet and want to know more then what the media throws at you before an event, It's a good start.

The MMA Hour - Ariel Helwani one of the top more well known media figures does this show every monday. Lots of fighter interviews.

MMAJunkie Radio - This show runs from monday through friday. It's ok but since they have so many shows, there's alot of filler. One great thing about the show is that they cover all of MMA. Not just the popular promotions. During UFC /MMA events I hang out in their Chatroom as it's very active.

Roundtable/Beatdown After the bell - Roundtable is before the event, Beatdown is one of the only podcasts that airs right after the events. Awesome stuff as you get to hear a lot of inside reactions before the rest of media can catch up. I usually listen to it while waiting for post fight press conference.

Jordan Breen show/Cheap seats - Tues and Thurs the show comes on, Fantastic fight breakdowns. One of the best.

The Joe Rogan Experience - Joe Rogan the color commentator for the UFC with his own podcast. Not always about MMA or the UFC, But since he's so close to the UFC he's had many MMA related guests. Mike Dolce , Bas Rutten , UFC President Dana White , Cheal Sonnen, Urijah Faber , Michael "The Voice" Schiavello

I've got quite a few more if anyone is interested, but these are the main podcasts I listen to about MMA

Kevin likes this.
  4. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Great list Matt. I already subscribe to Joe Rogan. His MMA guests are good, but it's the authors and scientists he gets on that I really enjoy. It's great being exposed to things you know nothing about.

I'll give those other podcasts a try. I usually listen to one or two full episodes to see if I like a podcast.

I've seen lots of episodes of the MMA Hour on YouTube (the Jason Miller episode was particularly weird!). I'll probably subscribe to that as he usually has good guests (though I'm not always a fan of his interviewing style).

5. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

GSP is lined up to be on Joe rogan's podcast on tuesday.