When You're Not Martial Art-ing

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Ben, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Ben

Ben Master

What do you like to do when you're not training? Who's the person behind the art?

Blade Maker and Deborah like this.
  3. Mario Paul

Mario Paul Samurai

That's a good question Ben.

In my spare time I like to listen to my music collection and play my guitar. I like watching comedy. I like taking my dog to the beach for a walk.

I like to draw, carve and attempt to mke training weapons for my fellow martial friends

Blade Maker, Deborah and Ben like this.
  4. Ben

Ben Master

I also play guitar :) Listening to music is a big thing for me. Comedy is also cool. I have 2 dogs and a cat. I like to draw. I go to uni most of the time (well uni TAFE) and next year ill be enrolling in a bachelor course :)

Blade Maker, Mario Paul and Deborah like this.
  5. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Well good day to you my favourite monkey warrior:p:p Yet another intellectial question:rolleyes:!! Me? I'm pretty boring outwith the gym!! I am a keen animal lover. Two Collies and a Staffy cross and my two cats keep me quite busy. I'm forever over the park with my dogs!! Or out walking with them, plus I look after all the neighbours dogs too!! I also love to draw and love spending time with my friends, and I love to make those around me smile and feel good about themselves!! all my loooove and respects my cheeky wee monkey!!:p:pXXXxxXXX

Blade Maker, Ben and Mario Paul like this.
  6. Allie

Allie Disciple

My main focus outside of martial arts is definitely traditional art. Drawing, painting, sculpting, making in general. I actually went to an art college for 2 years but it wasn't for me and I've done much better recently on my own - currently painting 11 murals in a new doctor's office and getting a lot more freelancing work.

Besides that I work a lot, haha, and I too am an animal lover. Especially dogs, and big animals. I just found out that miniature cows exist, and I'll be going to see them tomorrow, so I'm pretty excited!

Ben, Mario Paul and Deborah like this.
  7. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Hooray another fellow animal lover, hiya Alli!! So very pleased to meet you I look forward to more chats with you hunni....love and respects XXxxXXxxXX

Blade Maker, Ben and Mario Paul like this.
  8. MadoreGojuRyu

MadoreGojuRyu Master

for myself, I really enjoy working out and staying in shape, I have 3 kids-two sons and a step-daughter, i need to be a really good example since most of my family is extremely overweight. I enjoy playing video games and reading books also. but most of my sons are my best friends and I enjoy playing goofy little games with them. my oldest son and I are both big star wars fans so we have random lightsaber battles running thru the house...my youngest son just hasnt been corrupted yet.

Blade Maker, Ben, dmach and 2 others like this.
  9. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I enjoy travelling, playing video games, watching movies, hillwalking. I love music though I've found me watching videos more over the last few years. I do a lot of blogging online. Although I'm paid for it, it's still something I enjoy.

Blade Maker and Ben like this.
  10. Calm Barbarian

Calm Barbarian Samurai

Outside martial arts I am one half of my son's Avenger team. My role is The Hulk. Apparently I have a good growl! When evil has gone to bed I freelance in illustration and design. This outside of my 9-5. The illustration keeps me busy and can usually be seen with my head in a sketchbook filling it with good intentions for another exhibition. When not doing any of these things I watch movies. Thinking of buying Bullhead. Anyone seen it? http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/bullhead/

Blade Maker, Ben, Mario Paul and 2 others like this.
  11. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Never heard of Bullhead but it looks really good. Let us know what it's like if you do buy it.

Blade Maker likes this.
  12. angie828

angie828 Disciple

Reading, writing, camping, shopping, spending time with family, scrapbooking. I have lots of other hobbies.

Ben likes this.
  13. MT_Demers

MT_Demers Disciple

My wife and I have a farm and two beautiful daughters that keep me pretty busy outside of martial arts and my regular job. I am also a volunteer firefighter. Some times I don't know where I find the time. During football season I enjoy watching the New England Patriots, well some seasons are more enjoyable to watch than others, but still GO PATS!

14. Ben

Ben Master

May the force be with you my friend :p

Deborah and MadoreGojuRyu like this.
  15. MadoreGojuRyu

MadoreGojuRyu Master

and you as well

Blade Maker, Deborah and Ben like this.
  16. Aaron

Aaron Shadow Warrior

When im not training or working im helping my fiance raise our almost 2 year old daughter, she loves playing with the foam padded hanbos and my kali sticks at the dojo :)
    Other than that listen to music, watch movies, play video games, do more tech research that i just dont have time for at work. Oh and i try to get a few hours.of sleep in...

Deborah and Ben like this.
  17. Ben

Ben Master

Hey, Mr Madore, I don't know what grade you are, but do you know the Seipai Kata?

18. Ben

Ben Master

I've seen a lot of replies here that ivolved playing video games. What games do you play? Is anyone on Xbox Live? If so, add me. Seeka92 :)

19. Dave M.

Dave M. Initiate

I used to make YouTube videos (until my cameras BOTH gave out on me XD), I occasionally compose music with UTAU (a computer program that allows you to take a soundbank and manipulate it to fit certain notes), and I write fanfiction (mostly based on Batman, Phantom of the Opera, or this new series about monsters that Mattel came up with). I'm also a religious man, involved in some religious organizations and projects. I give what I can to charities like RAINN and Darkness 2 Light, and my ultimate goals are to open a ministry and become a private investigator... which means I'm doing a lot of studying. Sometimes, I'll play an occasional flash game, since I don't have a gaming console.

Deborah and Ben like this.
  20. MadoreGojuRyu

MadoreGojuRyu Master

the only Goju Ryu katas I dont know are...
    • Kururunfa
    • &
    • Suparinpei (Pechurin)
    And in our system I have earned the rank of 5th dan and the title of Renshi

Deborah likes this.
  21. MadoreGojuRyu

MadoreGojuRyu Master

just wanna point out thought that in here we all one brotherhood in my opinion and my name is Larry. If someone wishes to be referred to by a title in these forums then so be it, but I prefer my given name

Deborah likes this.