Where are we all?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Locutus, Nov 29, 2012.

1. Locutus

Locutus Your fight is futile, my hands are pounding you!

I had a rare thought (rare in the fact that I actually think at all :)) How about a page where our user locations are pinned on a global map. By city I mean, not by street address. Then if a group of people find they are in the same city they could organize a get together or something. At the very least it will show how the membership of BBF is spread around the world.

3. that would be great....

4. Ryannmnzo

Ryannmnzo "Harmony Energy Way"

nice "rare thought"(y)

5. Master Fahy

Master Fahy Samurai

That sound good to me but, you'll have a problem pinpointing Kevin down! He's just all over the place!!! Master Fahy

Ryannmnzo, SifuPhil and Dave76 like this.
  6. Gone

Gone Guest

Nothing for anyone where I happen to live. No reason to come through here unless you are either going up to Sydney from Melbourne, or coming to Melbourne from Sydney.

7. Master Fahy

Master Fahy Samurai

Red, sometimes you don't need a reason to go somewhere! I'm sure there something there to! Master Fahy

8. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

This week that has certainly been true. Left Argentina on Tuesday morning for Santiago in Chile. Then flew to Colombia on Wednesday. I'll be here until 31 December and then it's an overnight flight to Rio to start 2013 in the sunshine :)

I've added a member map to https://www.blackbeltforums.com/usermap/. It shows where admin/moderators, register members and guests are located.

blackbeltforums-usermap.png

The view option lets you see your own position and you can zoom into any location in the map. You can also change to a satellite view. :)

RJ Clark likes this.
  9. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

I think there was a mistake on Google's part for my location - I'm a bit more north than they show ...

www.blackbeltforums.com screen capture 2012-11-30-22-27-43.jpg

Mr.Bond and Kevin like this.
  10. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

haha that's fantastic! I can just imagine you up there chilling with Superman and master criminals!

sifuphils-ice-adventure.jpg

11. SifuPhil

That would be awesome!

.... as long as I could get Miss Tessmacher alone behind a stalgmite for a while ... :hungry:

Locutus and Kevin like this.
  12. Ryannmnzo

how'd you create your own icon meng? :cyclops:

13. SifuPhil

I just copied and pasted from the original, painted it blue and voila! :D

I use an ancient open-source program called PhotoFiltre - it's nowhere near as jazzy as Photoshop but it does what I need it to do.

14. Ryannmnzo

ooops! ok..... I was being stupid again :oops:

15. SifuPhil

As a very large Austrian cyborg once said: "No problemo!" :android:

16. Locutus

Locutus Your fight is futile, my hands are pounding you!

I'm all alone!!!

17. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Wow! This plus other stuff like my unfamiliarity with internet memes has me feeling like an internet white belt!:rolleyes:

Kevin and Ryannmnzo like this.
  18. SifuPhil

Don't worry - there's really only one thing you need to know about the 'Net -

People always tell the truth.

Kevin, Locutus and RJ Clark like this.
  19. shinpatan

shinpatan Disciple

Not many of us in the US? Am I the only one on the east coast?

20. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

No, you're certainly not alone on the east coast. If I remember correctly the map shows who's actually logged in when you look at it. So you picked a lonely time of day is all:)

21. shinpatan

shinpatan Disciple

Alrighty, that makes sense!