Will Nick Diaz go to jail?

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts' started by Locutus, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Locutus

Locutus Your fight is futile, my hands are pounding you!

I read this story here.

3. JesterX

JesterX Disciple

As someone who has been paying taxes every year since I was about 17, I would hope that if he hasn't been paying, then he should go to jail.
    But will he? That is another question.

4. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

He won't. If he actually hasn't paid his taxes the IRS will go after him, and he'll settle with them for a certain amount. He has the money to do so.

5. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

Hmmm, he might spend whatever he made too fast... Think about it, he hasn't worked for a year, his last fight was a loss also, and he has proven himself, um, not adultish?

6. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Sure you're right. I can definitely see that happening. But even without working for a year. This last fight even with the loss was most likely his biggest pay day of his entire career. With GSP being the biggest PPV draw in the entire UFC, and Diaz getting a cut of that PPV money = HUGE paycheck.

Eric Dufurrena likes this.
  7. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

I thought he was joking when he said that in the press conference about not paying taxes, Hopefully it has been done and he doesnt screw up his career for something like this

8. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Cesar Gracie has come out and said he has paid hundreds of thousands of dollars in tax.