Win A Gift Certificate From The Official Bruce Lee Shop

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Kevin, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I've been pleased with the growth of Black Belt Forums since it's launched though I thought I'd launch a competition to encourage more members to participate and others to join up.

4 lucky members will win a $25 gift certificate from the Official Bruce Lee Shop. There are a variety of Bruce Lee items to choose from such as t-shirts, posters, accessories, books and more :)

bl-photo.jpg

I wanted to make a competition that gave everyone a chance to win and one that encouraged people to contribute here and become part of the community. I have therefore created 4 different competitions. The winner of each competition will win a $25 gift certificate from the Official Bruce Lee Shop.

I've made all competitions easy to enter so that everyone can take part easily. I've purposely made competitions 2, 3 and 4 random draws as these it's difficult to judge a 'best photo' or 'best video' type competition - so it just makes it easier for everyone if the rules that anyone who contributes:)

Competition 1 - Suggestion Competition

The best suggestion in the suggestion thread above will win a $25 gift certificate from the Official Bruce Lee Shop.

Note: Suggestions must be original and must not simply be a continuation of someone else suggestion.

Competition 2 - Introduction Competition

Everyone who introduces themselves in the Introduce Yourself thread mentioned above will be entered into a random draw to win a $25 gift certificate from the Official Bruce Lee Shop.

Competition 3 - Iconic Martial Arts Photo Competition

Everyone who contributes a photo to the Iconic Martial Arts Photos thread mentioned above will be entered into a random $25 gift certificate from the Official Bruce Lee Shop.

Competition 4 - Best Martial Arts Example Competition

Everyone who contributes a video to the Most Realistic Example Of Martial Arts In A Movie thread mentioned above will be entered into a random $25 gift certificate from the Official Bruce Lee Shop.

Competition Deadline, Rules & Guidelines

Please note that whilst I encourage you all to take part in the photo and video competitions, there is no benefit from submitting lots of posts to those threads i.e. a member who contributes one photo/video to the post will get one entry, as will someone who contributes several.
    • The deadline for all competitions is 30 June 2012 so the winners will be announced on 1 July 2012. This gives everyone about two and a half weeks to participate.
    • No one is allowed to win more than one prize so if you were awarded a prize in one competition, you cannot win a prize in another. This gives everyone a better chance of winning.
    • I wasn't sure initially as to whether a post requirement should be included for the competition though the whole point of the competition is to encourage more people to contribute here so I think it would be unfair if members who hadn't posted here won before those who didn't. As such, all those who participate must have 5 quality posts on the forum in order to be eligible for a prize (i.e. thanks, great post etc doesn't count).
    [​IMG]

Best of luck to everyone who enters. If you have any questions regarding the competition, please post it in this thread :)

Kevin

3. Mario Paul

Mario Paul Samurai

Sounds great Kevin.

Just a quick question, what is the criteria for the photo competition. Must it be a photo that you have taken? If you could clarify that would be good. Once again, WELL DONE on a great forum and great comp.

4. Ed Bates

Ed Bates Guest

I have more fun reading the posts here in Black Belt Forum then anything on Facebook. AND NOW friend competition?!?!
    I love it!
    Thank you Kevin!!

Kevin likes this.
  5. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

When I created the thread I was thinking more along the lines of famous martial arts photos. Photos from films and ones that are commonly hung in dojos (e.g. masters etc).

I like the idea of members submitting their own photos too. I'd love to do that in our next competition.

Deborah and Mario Paul like this.
  6. Mario Paul

Mario Paul Samurai

I'll have to submit another then. I posted one of myself...whooops

7. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

No that's fine. I'm happy for any pics like that to be included in this competition. I was just thinking that for a future competition pics from members would be a great idea :)

8. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Hey Kev luuuvin your forum ideas as always my fellow Scottish Warrior!! Now that I can upload like a normal person there will be no stopping me. However I must apologise if I post too much I'm just a wee bit keenXXxxXX

Mario Paul likes this.
  9. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

haha that's no problem. Just start a thread in the suggestions/feedback room if you are unsure of anything :)

10. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

I must thank you from the bottom of my heart to the heart of my bottom for all the help you have given me in this forum, you are really appreciated by me.......respects XXxxXX

Mario Paul and Kevin like this.
  11. Mario Paul

Mario Paul Samurai

Feel the love...:D

Deborah likes this.
  12. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

:pCheeky chops!! XXxxXX

13. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Today is the last day of the competition. Good luck to everyone who took part.

I'll probably announce details of July's competition tomorrow or within the next few days. I can't guarantee that it will be a monthly thing though at the moment I feel the main priority is to encourage more people to sign up here and take part. If you have any ideas for discussion threads for the next competition, please let me know. Suggestions for prizes are also welcome :)

Deborah likes this.
  14. Kate Bender

Kate Bender Initiate

Good day!
    My name is Kate, and I have been practicing Tae Kwon Do for a bout 3 years. My daughter and I just tested for recommended black belt with Park Institute under Master Park in Minnesota. WE rocked the forms. I am very excited to learn all of the new forms for first degree. Love your site. It is very helpful.

Deborah and Mario Paul like this.
  15. MadoreGojuRyu

MadoreGojuRyu Master

welcome Kate

Deborah likes this.
  16. Mario Paul

Mario Paul Samurai

Hello Kate, our new Martial friend.

Welcome BBF. So you and your daughter study TKD, thats awesome. You say you tested for your black, when do you find out iif you receive it.

I hope you get alot out of this site as Ii have. It's great to have one site where so much knowledge on so many levels can be tossed around and discussed.

Look forward to your feedback on many topics.

Yours in Budo
    Mario Paul.

Deborah and Kevin like this.
  17. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Well hello Kate and welcome to this Forum. I look forward to hearing all your input and posts in the future....always a pleasure to meet another Kunoichi, lady warrior....lots of love, respects and peace xxxXXxxxXXxxx

18. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

THIS COMPETITION IS NOW CLOSED

Thanks to everyone who took part in our first competition. Details of who won can be found below. Winners for competitions 2, 3 and 4 were chosen via Random.org :)

Competition 1 - Suggestion Competition
    WINNER: MadoreGojuRyu, SifuPhil, Nexquietus

I was surprised to only see three entries in this competition. Thankfully, all of the suggestions that were made were great. SifuPhil and Nexquietus suggested new forum rooms, both of which have proved to be popular. MadoreGojuRyu's suggestion of adding a Dojo listing area has not been implemented yet but I have plans on doing so in the future.

Due to this, I was unable to choose just one winner therefore all three have won a $25 voucher from the Bruce Lee Shop :)

Competition 2 - Introduction Competition
    WINNER: Semper Gumby

Competition 3 - Iconic Martial Arts Photo Competition
    WINNER: Ed Bates

Competition 4 - Best Martial Arts Example Competition
    WINNER: dmach

Congratulations to all 6 winners. Could all 6 winners confirm that they would like a $25 gift certificate from the Bruce Lee Shop. If any winners would prefer to have the $25 prize as an Amazon voucher or even as cash via paypal please let me know (as it's no difference to me).

Thanks,
    Kevin

19. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

Well, I'll be! The last time I won anything was while playing Monopoly -

[​IMG]

Thank you Kevin, and congrats to MadoreGojuRyu, Nexquietus, Semper Gumby and Ed Bates!

If it's all the same to you I'll take my prize as a Paypal payment.

20. MadoreGojuRyu

MadoreGojuRyu Master

thank you very much Kevin, and what you did for the first listing was pretty damn cool of you also.

And could I get mine from Amazon please? I have a pieces of equipment I have been considering picking up

21. Ed Bates

Ed Bates Guest

WOW! Thank you Kevin. Thank you very much. I think I would like something from the Bruce Lee Shop.
    I would like 10 of the Bruce Lee Foundation Walk on wristbands item # is XLAM0055
    and 1 Bruce Lee Foundation Donation Item # is XLAM0077.

SifuPhil likes this.