WOMEN AND MMA

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts' started by Deborah, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

http//you tube.com CRAZY WOMEN MMA KNOCKOUTS

For centuries women have strived to match men in every way. So come on guys, what do you think??:mad:Is there a place in MMA for women??

2. Calm Barbarian

Calm Barbarian Samurai

I'm all for. They train just as hard as men if not putting some of them to shame. Their techniques are solid and society couldn't stop them anyway. Captain America says "The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree besides the river of truth, and tell the whole world----No you move." This is my experience with female martial artists and those who do sports. I dare say you're the same Deborah. x

Aaron and Deborah like this.
  3. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Heehee my Calm Barbarian, I'm glad you agree:D!! Thanx for answering my thread Adam, much appreciated, all my love and respects XXxxXX

4. Joe

Joe Disciple

Simply put HELL YEA! Of course they do. If they put in the hard work to get there, who has got the right to stop them? The females in MMA are as dangerous as the males, unfortunately they are not as supported world-wide, even though they should be. With the fights they have put on for the world, they should be allowed to compete for the same prize money, and have the same respect that male competitors have. They have earnt it

Deborah likes this.
  5. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Some of the female MMA fighters are great. Many are really technical fighters too. Ronda Rousey for example won a bronze medal at Beijing in Judo (and gold in the pan american games).

6. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Well said Joe!! My fellow enthusiast!! Thanx so much for taking the time to reply it is realy appreciated!Lots of love and respects XXxxXXxxXX

7. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Thanx for your reply Kev, much appreciated XXxxXX

8. Ed Bates

Ed Bates Guest

Absolutely! I would much rather watch to women fight then watch them play basketball.... Jut sayin'.

Deborah likes this.
  9. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Thanx so much for your reply Ed.....why not basketball??:D respects my friend XxX

10. Ed Bates

Ed Bates Guest

I think women look funny when the shoot the ball or do lay ups.

Deborah likes this.
  11. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Hahaha, I see. Personally I prefer watching ladies beach volley ball:D

dmach likes this.
  12. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Yes Adam, I like to think I am the same........Luv n respects my dear Calm Barbarian:mad:

13. shyquille graves

shyquille graves Warrior Monk

yes i do believe women do have a place in mma especially whe women are more ruthless then men

Deborah likes this.
  14. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Thankyou for your reply Shyquille, glad you agree;) respects XxXxX

15. MadoreGojuRyu

MadoreGojuRyu Master

I think women in combat roles period is awesome. I have always thought it was pretty damn sexy. we actually had a 3rd degree black belt female that cracked me up at tournaments, when she would show up some of the other women would bow out because of how good she was and strong she fought. she made the local news years back also, she had someone try to snatch her purse in the grocery store parking lot.....needless to say, she was standing over him til the police showed....she was 5'4" 120ish and he was approx 6' and 180-190 and she said the cops were cracking jokes at the guy about it too.

Deborah, Joe and Aaron like this.
  16. Aaron

Aaron Shadow Warrior

Some of my kickboxing coaches where female... One actually knocked a guy out who grabbed her ass while she was waiting in line to get into a bar; guy grabbed her, she turned around and nailed him right in the face, knocked him out before he hit the ground. Both those girls could be quite vicious and had amazing technique.

From doing security work I know that just because someone is female, doesn't mean they can't fight and don't have any skill. They are usually more dangerous as most of them haven't ever had the concept of "fair fight" drilled into them as a kid, that's just my observation.

Deborah likes this.
  17. Mario Paul

Mario Paul Samurai

I think any male would agree with you there Deborah...;).....Netball too.

Deborah and Aaron like this.
  18. Joe

Joe Disciple

I can put up a photo of the manliest female fighter in history, they are usually sexy as hell, but this one makes every guy I know feel like a chick.. Chicks that can fight is awesome, I have seen my best friend take out a guy twice her size, granted if he hit her everyone knew I would kill him- I am not exaggerating, she absolutely smashed him. Hilarious to watch, but as a guy I could see what makes it hard to live down, but the lovely ladies I have trained with have beaten me worse than nearly anyone I have trained with, with the exception of the coaches. These female fighters are awesome to watch, usually a much more technical fight.

Deborah and Ben like this.
  19. dmach

dmach Martial Archivest

From both Martial Arts Training and my time in the Military... Women can be every bit the warriors men can be.

Deborah and Ben like this.
  20. Ben

Ben Master

I feel no embarrasment losing a fight to a girl. its all about skill, not sex. People who say that a martial art is not for women, are the ones who lack the confidence to be beaten by them.

Deborah and dmach like this.