Wow, lets get this one started

Discussion in 'Sanshou' started by Jason Angstadt, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Jason Angstadt

Jason Angstadt Grasshoppa

UFC President Dana White announced this past Saturday that there will be an event in China sooner than we can imagine. Question is, will this bring the Sanshou fighters out into the world view of combat sports? For those who do not know, Sanshou is a Mixed Kung Fu Art. It is so effective, the Chinese military declared it their official martial art. If you look up Sanshou videos on You Tube it's almost exactly what you commonly see in the MMA cages.

So how do you feel Sanshou will stack up against the more western influences of MMA in a cage fight?

2. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Using Cung Le as a template, it can translate well into the cage after cross training other necessary skills.

3. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

I have LONG felt that Sanda/San Shou would eventually become one of the top forms of martial arts used by fighters in the UFC. Right now there really aren't enough academies in the United States for that to be the case, but I think that will change. Heck, I tried to find a San Shou academy in Los Angeles, a West Coast city with a huge Asian population and influence, the second largest city in the country, and cannot find any.

4. Jason Angstadt

Jason Angstadt Grasshoppa

I have a lot of faith in Sanshou going worldwide here soon with China opening it's doors again to the west.

For those interested, here's an old Human Weapon episode on the topic

Deborah likes this.
  5. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

OMG Jason this looks AMAAAAZING 36_1_1.gif I think I am in love!! WOWZERS thanks for the link it made great viewing and I looooooved it.........Did I already say I loooooved it?? I would love to know absolutely EVERTHING about this Art, is there the slightest chance it will be brought to Scotland?? Lots of love, smiles, peace and respect my new martial warrior friend xxxXXxxx

6. Battodoka07

Battodoka07 Warrior Monk

Great video Jason. I would really like to see this in UFC, wish there was a place near me that I could study this.

Deborah likes this.