You Are All Knowledgeable Experts with Worthwhile Things To Say

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kevin, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

That is a another "famous" saying.

war is peace
    freedom is slavery
    ignorance is strength

-1984 George Orwell

Am I the only one who finds these sayings just a bit formulaic? ..... Ben Stiller - Mr. Furious in the movie Mystery Men

Sherratt and Dave76 like this.
  2. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Animal Farm...

3. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

No... Snowball was not in 1984.

4. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

5. dmach

dmach Martial Archivest

Firstly to the "Lurkers"... Honestly we are lovely people, warm, caring, sincere, modest :), no need to feel intimidated, we put our gi's on one muscular leg at a time just like you. :D

You have read about Deb on this thread and some of you may are no doubt curious about this "incident" that was mentioned. One thing that you lurkers should take away from that story and what current members of the forum should be proud of is the amount of support she got. That is a excellent example of the caliber of people that we get on BBF.

6. Judah

Judah fights in tights

Bang fukin on! I WANT less experienced MAs to ask questions. Swapping the same ideas and beliefs gets kinda boring, I've had very few disagreements with people here and I'd like someone to ask for advice or help or anything as long as it's NEW! Or different. The whole point, in my opinion, is newbies asking questions from more experienced practitioners!

I'd also like to see more savateurs here... But maybe that's because since Deb has gone I'm the only savateur here!

Either way this shouldn't be a forum where experienced MA's just agree (or sometimes disagree) upcoming MAs ought to get involved. I'm 100% certain noone here would rip apart a newbie for asking a question. Enkidu may have a rep for calling bullshit, but I'm certain he would reply to a newbie without ripping him/her to shreds! In fact any newbie would benefit greatly from his no bullshit attitude to martial arts. There are of course others but Enkidu has the crown for calling BS!! The point is "lurkers, please join in, ask questions, no one will flame you. No matter what the question!"

Kevin, Sherratt and Charlay Atkins like this.
  7. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

:LOL: I try to keep it to no more than one a day thou.

8. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

Excellent thread, Kev, and great replies everyone! We've really baffled 'em with BS, huh? [​IMG]

Trivia time! A few sayings were slung here, and there's one that's swimming in my head and I can't find the attribution for it. I recall reading it in an old ninja novel (by Stephen Hayes, perhaps?), and the quote was supposedly from some old-time Japanese master - it went something like "After the ten-thousandth time, still a beginner".

Anyone know that one?

9. Dave76

When I posted here that I have started training myself in Japanese Swordsmanship, specifically Jikiden Eishin Ryu, I honestly thought I would get slammed for being arrogent and what not. But no! Just responses like - NICEEE, what sword are you using, are you working from a book or video, have you looked at this, etc, etc.......
    Nothing but encouragement and suggestions for other things I may also be interested in.
    It's certainly going to be harder for you to learn hand to hand MA if you have no training partener, but where theres a will theres a way. You just have to find yours.
    Lately I've been talking alot of Wing Chun on here and it's been making me itch to get back into it somehow.
    In a local online thing kinda like e-bay, but just for Aus, I found a guy who is looking for people to train with in guess what....Wing Chun! He lives an hour away, but I pass thru there twice a week anyway, coming to and fro from work.
    So, even thou it's not ideal, I've got that option open to me.

Where theres a will, theres a way.

Hip Hop Senpai likes this.
  10. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

"TELL THAT BITCH TO BE COOL!!!"

--Jules, "Pulp Fiction" (1994)

11. Dave76

Do you mean this?

Knowledge is not skill. Knowledge plus ten thousand times is skill.
    Shinichi Suzuki

Zombiepig likes this.
  12. Sherratt

Sherratt Disciple

Since were swapping proverbs here's one i just found
    "He who dose not look back from were he came from will never reach his destination" - Jose Rizal

13. Adam Crawshaw

Adam Crawshaw The Ripper

my census is i am a beginner but this is a good forum to get advice ect. so i just post questions ideas and stuff like that because to be honest nothing bad can come of commenting on here apart from the DIC o_O and people correcting your ideas which is to me learning

14. Enkidu

"Pain Don't Hurt"

--Dalton, "Road House" (1989)

15. Sherratt

Sherratt Disciple

lol now theres a paradox...

Adam Crawshaw likes this.
  16. Hip Hop Senpai

Hip Hop Senpai Initiate

Yeah Dave I am starting to see what you mean by the support and encouragement. And to be honest while I was lurking one of the peoples whose comments I always enjoyed was Enkidu for has no BS attitude and his concise explanations. And he was one of the first to reply to this newbie and he didn't rip me to shreds.. What he said actually encouraged me. So a thank you to him and thank you all. I look forward to getting to know you guys and using this wonderful opportunity I have to learn and get advice and insight from your experience. Steel sharpens steel as they say. Thanks again for making a newbie feel welcome. I can't describe it but the spirit I feel on this site and from it's members. It is the same feeling that drew my interest to the arts when I was younger, and spending the past few months lurking here help me rediscover that childhood interest and desire. Sorry for rambling.(Another reason why I lurked.)

Bonnell74, RJ Clark and Enkidu like this.
  17. Dave76

"If the path ahead is clear, your going the wrong way"

RJ Clark likes this.
  18. Enkidu

I took my Prozac today.

I'll be back on my game tomorrow.

RJ Clark likes this.
  19. Hip Hop Senpai

Hip Hop Senpai Initiate

HAHAHAHAHAHA. I think we are gonna get along just fine. The zero tolerance for BS and sarcasm kinda reminds me of someone... Oh yeah it reminds me of me..:D

PS: Sharing is caring.

Enkidu likes this.
  20. Sherratt

Sherratt Disciple

But then "time spent in reconocence is seldom wasted"