You guys may appreciate this

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts' started by Jason Angstadt, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Jason Angstadt

Jason Angstadt Grasshoppa

I posted this on my facebook, but it's pointless because unless it's about cats or video games, nobody is going to watch it.

This is an excellent video I just came across. I'm a Fedor fan, but I have never seen such a fun match. No violence, No blood, just two excellent martial artist trading beautiful techniques in the ring. Enjoy, Budo brothas and sistas!

http://www.martialartsvideos.com/fedor-emelianenko-vs-shinya-aoki-exibition-fight/

Deborah, msh, RJ Clark and 1 other person like this.
  3. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

Fedor was my favorite MMA fighter when he was in his prime. I was very sad the day he suffered his first real loss.

4. MadoreGojuRyu

MadoreGojuRyu Master

not a big MMA fan but I do love watching Fedor fight...such a frikin beast. always had the more modest entrances compared to most of the other fighters and then proceeded to destroy them.

5. Jason Angstadt

what that language! lol Fedor is making a good, slow come back. I'm hoping he just got tired of being ridiculously dangerous and got caught three or four times with his guard down. He's had several Sambo fights this past year and he's really looking at the top of his game. More energy for getting older. Those losses just showed him he was human.

6. Enkidu

He announced his retirement from MMA within the last month or two. Unfortunately, his only come back will probably be in Sambo, not MMA.

7. Jason Angstadt

aw rough news to hear

8. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Great exhibition match. Terrific respect and sportsmanship in the even give-and-take of techniques.

9. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Fedor isn't known for his kicks but that roundhouse attempt he tried around 4:40 was actually pretty good (albeit timed badly). The guys a joy to watch. The sambo throw he did before that was beautiful.

10. Jason Angstadt

yeah that throw was so excellent it looked choreographed. Gotta love a fight where they smile the whole way through it and show amazing respect for each other. Great to have a break from the UFC's trash talking bar brawlers once in a while.

11. Enkidu

The UFC isn't made up of bar brawlers. Not sure where you get that. In fact, it has never been harder to make it to the UFC and the level of skill displayed by today's MMA fighters is amazing. These guys train at Muay Thai, Boxing, Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, weight training, conditioning, etc. They are outstanding athletes and fantastic martial artists. It has been a LONG time since the days of Tank Abbot. Sure there are a few trash talkers, but by-and-large that is for the purpose of promoting fights and not real (with a few exceptions). By the way, it looked choreographed probably because it was.

12. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Yeah it was clear they were not going full throttle but still great to watch. Plus Fedor looked like he could have picked him up and just threw him out the ring. There must have been a huge weight difference for the fight.

13. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Please. No bad words against Tank Abbott :p

[​IMG]

Deborah and Enkidu like this.
  14. Enkidu

LOL! I've actually met the dude through some friends at a bar here. I am surprised he is drinking a beer there. From what I was told he doesn't drink beer, but only like vodka & cran (if I am not mistaken).

15. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Wow. From what I've read, he's just as crazy in real life as in the ring.

16. Enkidu

He wasn't crazy when I met him. He and his girlfriend had come up from the OC and were hanging out at a bar on the Sunset Strip that I frequent visiting some mutual friends. He was pretty low-key, actually. I heard he used to be wild from various stories of him down in the OC, but I didn't see it on the one occasion we were hanging out with the same people.

17. Jason Angstadt

I use the term bar brawler loosely to describe the fight first attitude the majority of UFC, and other MMA fighters have. I get this information from being involved in the sport. I'm certainly not disrespecting the skill level of the professional MMA athlete. Just the mindset and the public image.

18. Enkidu

I'm also involved in the sport and know a lot of professional MMA fighters who fight at the highest level or who aspire to fight at that level. Maybe things are different out here in Los Angeles, but I really don't see that attitude you are referring to. Most MMA fighters I know are pretty easy-going funny guys who are the last ones to look for trouble and the first to try to walk away or try and talk their way out of a fight. Maybe things are different in your region, but out here, I see none of that.

19. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Hiya again Jase, this did make me smile, but it was a bit TOO staged for me......I guess I just love the blood and violence too much:mad:!! What I will say is their respect for each other shines through in this exibition match which I find very refreshing...........respects, peace, love and smiles my warrior friend xxxXXXXxxx