Your Goals for 2013

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kevin, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Hope you all have a great year. Thanks for making Black Belt Forums what it is :)

What are your goals for 2013?

Kevin

SifuPhil likes this.
  3. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

I have a black belt test coming up, I want to perform spectacularly for that! I also think I can get my blue belt in BJJ this year. We have BJJ techniques within our cirriculum, but I am going to focus on going to the actual BJJ classes. And, I want to do another Tough Mudder and also a Run For Your Life (zombie run). My son has been talking about getting into the martial arts (he just moved back here with his mother about 3 months ago), so I am contemplating where he would be happy. He has shown interest in the BJJ, so maybe we will start there.

What about you, Kevin?

RJ Clark likes this.
  4. Ben

Ben Master

Reach blue belt as fast as possible. My uni course doesn't let out until an hour later then my classes begin, so I need to get to blue belt so I can do the lessons after wards. Apart from this, gym, train, lose weight and be the nerdy little nerd I've been planning to be since I got my acceptance letter. And yourself fearless leader? :p

RJ Clark likes this.
  5. shinpatan

shinpatan Disciple

I plan on getting back to karate class beginning next month after taking an unwanted break. So for now, I'm working on building up my endurance and fitness levels to where they were beforehand. Also to lose a few pounds, which isn't really a New Year's resolution, as much as it is a constant battle of the bulge. :cry:

RJ Clark likes this.
  6. MadoreGojuRyu

MadoreGojuRyu Master

Improving my dojo in every way I can. It has been pretty slow going due mainly to location, but hopefully after my wife finishes her PHD and gets a full time spot at a university I will have more time to spend at a new location improving my own skills and improving my student base.

RJ Clark likes this.
  7. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

To get my powerlifting and Olympic lifting numbers back up to where they were when I was competing.

To learn how to throw a kick that doesn't make me look like a spastic retard being tazered.

8. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

My first comp as a blue belt in BJJ is 10 weeks away. Have a 12 week strength, endurance and cardio plan that have half heartedly started allready, but festive season is over, so no more excuses, time to get busy.
    Missus isn't to happy, as we're still down at Denmark, technically still on holidays. But they have a nice little gym set up here and a pool and what not, so.......
    As I write this I'm sucking down a recovery supplement drink after having just done today's upper body gym work.

This is the state no-gi comp, with the gi comp roughly 12 weeks after that.
    All this is hopefully getting me ready for the world masters in LA later in the year. As a newbie at blue belt I'm keeping my goals realistic, but still hopeful and optamistic:D

All else is supplamentory training and thou not required, is still useful to just break the monotony if nothing else...

RJ Clark and Eric Dufurrena like this.
  9. Dave76

Get some flexability into those hip flexors, glutes and hamstrings.
    It's the most painful part of training, but so very important, for striking and or grappling arts oddley enough.
    Actually......add that to my list of objectives for the year.

Getting my flexability back to where it used to be.

shinpatan likes this.
  10. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

To get back into training actively. Difficult when I'm travelling but I hope to train 3-4 times a week in bjj when I'm back in Scotland. I can maintain my striking in my own gym and sparring with my friend.

Really want to get into BJJ properly. Can't wait.

RJ Clark and Eric Dufurrena like this.
  11. shinpatan

shinpatan Disciple

I need to work on that as well.

RJ Clark likes this.
  12. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

My goals are to keep on loosing weight [so far it's been 20lbs since my first compt],
    Getting in, and of course, winning, an actual state Taekwondo compt
    Keep more in touch with Capoeira
    and getting my blue belt in Taekwondo, by the end of the year
    ....and getting my heels stronger, after i almost broke my left one

RJ Clark likes this.
  13. Semper Gumby

Semper Gumby Disciple

To dedicate more time on the basics of FMA when I am on my own. (have been busting my ass in the gym and sitting on my ass at home)

RJ Clark likes this.
  14. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

15. continue writing my book
    get back into gsp rushfit once a week
    raise my two kids, keep my wife happy....which is being truly present on all levels
    be the best grade 4,5 teacher i can be
    start sparring once a month hopefully at a gym

RJ Clark and shinpatan like this.
  16. hey kevin what r yur goals??

17. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

18. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

My goal is to get the unicorn to crap pop tarts instead of skittles.

SifuPhil, RJ Clark, shinpatan and 4 others like this.
  19. Gone

Gone Guest

Earn my next rank belt.

SifuPhil, RJ Clark and Eric Dufurrena like this.
  20. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

Flexibility isn't my issue. Being an uncoordinated retard is.

21. Dave76

:LOL:......:D Fair enough.