Your Goals for 2013

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kevin, Jan 1, 2013.

1. hmmm.........apart from getting a better job.............getting my fitness level back to where it was . at 42 i had resting heart rate of 38 bpm and did a 15 mile road race in 1 hr 31 mins.........gotta get one of those tug toners....they'll sort it!

SifuPhil likes this.
  2. if yu start slow yu can do it enkidu......the kicking that is
    it will open a whole newworld for yu

3. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

A whole new world of groin pulls?

4. Judah

Judah fights in tights

Lmao! You crack me up sometimes!

Enkidu likes this.
  5. Judah

Judah fights in tights

A whole new world of cool party tricks, like kicking cigarettes out of people's mouths....

Enkidu likes this.
  6. Judah

Judah fights in tights

My goals are to recomp my body, I've put on a little flab over Christmas and all the weizenbier I drink doesn't help!

I've got 5 competitions I'm planning on competing at, 4 Savate (friendly in london in feb, British & German champs in June and the European champs in September I think) and one FC kickboxing in Bavaria. I'd like to get into the -85kg category for Savate but I can't see it happening.

Also get my girlfriend better at punching and taking a punch so she can enter FC comps, she's got good kicks but can't punch her way out of a wet paper bag!

RJ Clark, MattCMMA and Enkidu like this.
  7. shinpatan

shinpatan Disciple

8. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Money Money Money Money!!!!!!

shinpatan and SifuPhil like this.
  9. Enkidu

Add to my list of goals:

To make my strength and conditioning business take off through the roof.

And to give a little plug for myself, I was just interviewed this morning by a reporter from the Hollywood Reporter for an article they are doing for their "fitness edition" -- I think the article will be in next Monday's Hollywood Reporter.

That is HUGE free publicity that I hope the capitalize on.

Locutus, Dave76, SifuPhil and 2 others like this.
  10. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Enkidu, see if you can leverage that by doing a press release of the interview....

11. Enkidu

I like where your head is at on that. Although I know nothing about that sort of stuff.

12. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Head on my shoulders...sent you a link on a private conversation.....

13. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

I almost never throw a kick without setting it up with or as part of a combo with my hands. I think your kicks will flow better by simply adding them to familiar boxing combos. Such as jab-lead leg side kick (ribs/body target)/snap roundhouse (inner thigh target)/teep. Or jab-cross-roundhouse, imagining your rear foot has a string tied to your right elbow and it gets "pulled" by the right cross (you are a righty, correct?) so that it flows as a combo rather than jab-cross, roundhouse (or jab-cross-rear leg snap or push kick, etc). I notice that my kicks don't necessarily look better when thrown by themselves. Perhaps it's a mental block where I must throw combos, but whatever it is they flow better for me in combination with other strikes.

Mr.Bond and Enkidu like this.
  14. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

My main goal is to get back to the elite fitness level I was at. Still in better shape than most, but I've been slacking (compared to how I was) and enjoying Daddy time.

treve nathan stoddern and Enkidu like this.
  15. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

I plan to ... no, I MUST ... become the Tug Toning God of the Internet. Millions will sing the praises of of Tuggy as they pull, pump, whack and jimmy-doodle their way to health. I will retire, finally, to Tuggy Manor and be waited upon by a staff of Hefner's future wives.

Beside that, the usual - conquer small nations, create life, discover new laws of physics ... *yawn*

shinpatan and Enkidu like this.
  16. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

EEeeeewwww!

shinpatan likes this.
  17. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Here in Oz, going back a few years now, but still....
    They got together a bunch of elite level athletes, footballers, rugby, soccar, swimming and I think it was tennis???
    Anyhow, took them all to a daycare centre and assigned them a 3-4 yr old each.
    Their task was to try and do everything that their little'in did.
    I kid you not, by morning snack time, the rugby guy and the swimmer had quit, by lunch, they were all knackered!
    Running, jumping, climbing, crawling, rolling, etc, etc....
    Some of the fittest professional athletes around....and they could'nt mimmick what little kids do for fun for more than a couple of hours.

I don't know why, but that always amuses me when I think of it.

Locutus, SifuPhil and RJ Clark like this.
  18. Judah

Judah fights in tights

I think she probably got to work trying to give Hugh a heart attack...

19. shinpatan

shinpatan Disciple

From the looks of old Hugh, it wouldn't take much. Maybe I should've smartened up and married him. But the honeymoon would just gross me out. Can I go vomit, now?

SifuPhil, Judah and Dave76 like this.
  20. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

She shouldn't have been grossed out by his looks and age on their honeymoon as they clearly have mutual love for each other :barefoot: